TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The collar was popped as I walked outside. :)

I'm always in a rush in the morning to take pictures before going to work, just for the sake of taking pictures so I'm not always well prepared.

I love the color of the coat. I've been wanting a brown peacoat for a while and jumped on it when I heard the peacoat was being discontinued. (This was Spring 2011).

When it rains, my footwear is limited to 3 pairs of shoes basically, some Red Wing Boots in burgundy, and 2 pairs of Chippewas. I know this isn't the best outfit I can put together. I wanted to take the picture because the peacoat was the only piece that I haven't actually post a picture of yet. IIRC the only picture up was when I got the coat and put it on just to take the picture.

I wanted to wear those Epaulet Plum Chinos because I haven't got a chance to rock them yet.

And yes, I have several shades of gray trousers and brown shoes. I still have like 4 pairs of C&Js and some Carminas that I need to break in.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I ordered this piece last spring actually. The last ToJ piece I bought was the FQHH MDR last summer.

I'm done buying clothes for a long while, dude!

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Initially, I didn't like the Chesterfield. But I grew to really like it once it was discontinued. Once I heard Drew was not going to bring it back I had to jump on a Paul Smith one that I saw at Barney's.

4. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

why does that peacoat look so puffy?

5. APK

APK Senior member

It doesn't. Just looks like a bad angle.

Don't really like the overall outfit at all, though. There's something off-putting about the colors when they all come together.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Not really feeling the plum pants either, plum pants are pretty impossible to pull off without looking like a you know what... that color peacoat would look great with a blue oxford and some plain jane APC raws though. That's an all American color palette.

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

My only pair of jeans are at the tailor. I can't get acclimated to the raw denim though. I just don't wear the jeans enough to soften them up so I gave the APC raw denim I had away.

There was quite a discussion about the color of the pants at work today, whether it was purple, burgundy, or pink, LOL. I wanted to get a pair of white Tricker's just to wear with these pants...but must stop spending money on clothes.

I do agree that a blue OCBD and jeans would be the safest choice. I will try that next time if this stupid rain or weather keeps going. It's almost May, I'm suppose to be in shorts already. :foo:

Not sure why the coat looks puffy. It's pretty quite fitted. Perhaps it's because it's made out of thicker wool and doesn't drape as well. It doesn't have the optional liner as well BTW.

Dude: It was pouring today, and this Civic tried to gun it to beat a red light. The dude hit a pretty bad puddle halfway through and the car eventually came to a slow stop. Me thinks he had a CAI and he hydrolocked it. Random car talk going off your dream Sienna van!

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i drive a 09 civic and was gunning through the rain this morning.

if you don't know how to drive in the rain on the freeway don't drive :bored:

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

But do you have a CAI (Cold Air Intake) though?

When I had a CAI on my Honduh, I used to be scared crapless when I had to drive through unfamiliar areas in heavy rain because of the puddles. All you need to do is submerge the filter in water and your engine goes bye bye. I assumed he had a CAI because the engine was screaming as he punched it.

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

No

I'm screwed

(I did drive through an "ice storm" during 1 trip back to so cal on the 5 and then detoured)
    Storm of '11 I believe and they closed the grape vine

My car is still fine...

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

how do you California guys freak out about rain and driving? I just drove through walls of water today, was totally fine. Wiper blades need changing but the car is still hard charging through whatever. I have never had a problem with weather and cars, I used to drive all winter on P-Zeros

13. GBear

GBear Senior member

How hard is it to hydrolock your CAI? I thought the chances were super low and would only happen if you, straight up, drove through a river. Especially if you've got all kinds of covers on the filter. Curious...

14. candrew

candrew Senior member

We're so used to not having weather that we think it's armageddon every time something falls from the sky. [​IMG]

15. kueller

kueller Well-Known Member

I dreamt about this again...

[​IMG]