1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

correct!

2. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977 Senior member

Yeah, ts18 is making me consider ordering a black calf MDR when I've only just received a brown goat one. :embar:

Plus I quite like his grebo shoe + MDR look. Definitely preferable to some dull old converse IMO.

3. ts18

ts18 Senior member

I actually wear converse sometimes as well.

4. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

Can't really see much but a few shots after a wedding reception this weekend. Second is kind of cheesy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  5. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Absolutely go with navy

Ironically enough, my brother and I have a navy lamb and olive calf collared moto on order. Between the two, I might suggest navy lamb. The navy w/ silver zips looks really sick and the olive color is a greenish-brown and is probably too close to the brown you wish to avoid.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. gong

gong Senior member

Any word on the next shipment date?

1 person likes this.
  7. GMHZ

GMHZ Member

Drew, do you have anything to share on your recent leather roundup? Have you seen the latest whisky calfs?

8. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I am sorry but I don't think those shoes were ever meant to be worn with a black leather jacket.

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

For me, it's just one of those things since I'm getting older and have no one to impress right now, sad as that sounds - so I have my 'comfy' look that changes shape sometimes, never in palette, and then I wear a full-on suit to places where respect is due or it is appropriate. For myself, I don't even believe in that middle ground of modern borderline dress clothes anymore, though I did before - I'm just to the age and feeling where I'd rather wear a bespoke real suit, a great shirt and tie, have fun with the pocket square, wear proper shoes and wristwatch, and feel great. People react to both looks favorably, but naturally, in very different ways. It took me years before I could really get to this point and do each well, but I suspect that's natural.
    If I were still young and had more romantic thoughts I'd probably be like everyone else in this thread, I amassed tons of clothing when I was younger - playing with your looks is sometimes the best medicine, and other people do notice. Gotta love when you get people's attention in a good way with what you're wearing. Sometimes I wish I weren't myself, and were on the other side of the counter in this thread, with a rack full of TOJ's made for me and tons of looks - leathers, peacoat, the pants and the shirt, etc, mixed with other brands and normal items. :eek: That sounds more awkward than it's meant to be, lol. To be diner, rather than chef....

10. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

should've kopped a med. grey qdr when I had the chance ...

11. impolyt_one

Yeah they're in my bag still, basically haven't had time between dealing with the insane people in my personal life and wondering when I get to go back to the safety of Seoul. Don't ever get married dudes. Stay strong, look good in leather, be only vain enough to romance yet not marry.

1 person likes this.
  12. nocarsgo

nocarsgo Member

Hey guys, finally put my order in for a med. whiskey MDR. Only thing I'm now stuck on is the zippers.

Charly reccommended silver but that only comes in a single zipper whereas the gunmetal comes in a double zipper.

From looking at TOJ gallery most DRs seem to be in double zippers.

What do you guys reckon looks best?

nocarsgo

1 person likes this.
  13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Don't suppose you've entertained revisiting bags when JC comes around have you?

14. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I am not sure if this is medium whiskey or light, but silver zips look much better than gunmetal:

Also double zipper vs single zipper....not a big deal either way. I actually prefer the single.

1 person likes this.
  15. impolyt_one

[​IMG]

go with..... the silver zips. The double zippers are over-loved and not as good from a functional standpoint.

Would like to. Probably will. It was in one of the visions I had a couple weeks ago.

16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Well I really love my double zipper but I can understand why you'd think they're overrated. But I'm curious what the functionality difference is.

17. impolyt_one

[​IMG]

On double zippers it's harder to get that pin through both sliders without some effort because the sliders may hang at different angles off the tape (it's easy to scratch up your hands doing this and I find it annoying) and you must do it anytime you zip and unzip the jacket. It's most definitely a two-handed operation, whereas a one-way zip feels much easier.
    Plus, I find the two-way zip look where people feel compelled to bring that bottom slider up too much to be a bad look, bordering on contrived.

18. teenagelightning

teenagelightning Senior member

edit oh drew beat me to it basically

I've got a Geller jacket with double zips and it's always a pain to actually thread the zip in there but maybe other double zips are real nice?

like oh yeah girl lets head out into the cold haha wait can you stop for a minute I'm fiddling with my jacket haha yeah I'm a big toddler I can't seem to zip my jacket and everyone's looking at me haha no it's not my fault it's that it's a really cool zipper where the bottom part unzips haha uh no you're right I can't really think of a time where I'd need to unzip the bottom part but if I did you better believe your boy be the only dude in the club taking off his jacket upside down

Also while I do think they look really cool on rider jackets it kind of has this "cuffed jeans" effect where any nonchalance is ruined because you clearly took the time to do a little fussy detail on your clothes earlier that morning and yes I realize it's dumb that I'm cool with posting all day on the internet about $800 leather jackets but find it fussy to spend four seconds cuffing jeans or unzipping a zipper or undoing a single surgeon cuff button.

21 people like this.
  19. impolyt_one

teenagelightning is now just fucking with my head

20. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I have a double zip jacket and pretty much only zip up the bottom half when sitting down on the subway or outside - I might leave it unzipped 3" or so when just walking around just for comfort as it's a bit easier to move around but that's about it.

I do agree about it being a two hand operation when unzipping which resulted in a few embarrassing moments in changing rooms but once you get the hang of it it doesn't require too much though or effort extra.