1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. buran

buran Senior member

I think bomber guy also makes the toj1 because of the bomber side. I think drew said so close to launch of the jacket, but that's a while ago now.

Anyone have sizing advice for the trousers. Is there a rule of thumb like circumfrence of hips *1.xx? How large is the range of each size, as in +-0.x in? Just can't decide on a size.

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ that would explain why bombers ship faster

3. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

I placed an order for a harrington Aug 23,
    Ordered CWU Sep 9th
    Just got tracking for something not sure which one
    [​IMG]

4. Wade

Wade Senior member

I ordered a peacoat 9 days before you and still no tracking so don't get too excited.

5. bertie

bertie Senior member

Still waiting for brown goat CM ordered at cutoff (no post-order mods)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  6. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977 Senior member

On a given jacket would such an ideal length be possible both zipped and unzipped or are you saying this ideal if for one or the other( if so which)? Or should you just perfect it for whichever configuration you'll usually go for...or a compromise between the 2?

Big dilemma right now with my 4-z goat MDR. It's length is perfect when zipped but when unzipped seems just a bit too long. Considering flipping it and reordering .5" shorter...but can I do without for about 2-4 months?!

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

are prices on the shirts going to go up? possible changes going to be made?

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

My Korean tailor went crazy over my suede Harrington :nodding: Yeojas love the ToJ.

9. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

On a similar note, I've been skimming through the thread to try and figure out what exactly the new label is going to change for TOJ. I remember reading the post prior to the cutoff about changes like no more MTM, etc, but can't seem to find much information past that. I'm assuming the current TOJ jackets will still be available? And are prices going up all around?

Would like to have some info in case this is the last chance I'll have to get a MDR. Been eyeing it for months and I haven't purchased a TOJ piece since the annivarsity.

1 person likes this.
  10. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

reality check you are a neurotic weirdo

1 person likes this.
  11. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

Amen. "Oppa, I love your jacket!"

I am not even Korean ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. chv7

chv7 Well-Known Member

My MDR that I ordered on May 29th was sent out with yesterday's shipment.

1 person likes this.
  13. otc

otc Senior member

Question for the people who have experience with both the Goat and the Lamb:

How does the goat feel and and drape compared to the lamb? Thinking about trying out the lighter brown goat on an A2 (unless it makes sense to wait for John Coppidge).

It should be a bit more durable than the lamb (and obviously more textured) but what do you lose in feel/fit?

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  15. sask boot

sask boot Senior member

Toj is not Gangnam style! Gangnam style is only department store brands like Prada, Gucci, LV. I do have local people here in seoul comment on the quality of my many toj jackets but local guys dont wear that style.

16. hobbes874

hobbes874 Senior member

Probably the CWU if I had to guess. Mine shipped pretty fast (like 6/7 weeks) way back in the spring/early summer.

17. jkoll

jkoll Active Member

I'm between a mdr and 4zip moto.. dark brown goat or black lamb. Not sure which one may benefit more from mtm, but can only afford one for now and any advice would be awesome. (note: I wear mostly v-necks, hair color is dirty blonde, 6'1" tall)

I've been hesitating on copping because of my summer return to the gym, and taking slight muscle growth into account could be important (is lamb more stretchable?)

18. chv7

chv7 Well-Known Member

That's not near enough information to determine your style. All you told us is your hair color and that you wear v-necks. You should know best which jacket style would suit you more. If you look dumb in a DR, buy a moto, if you look dumb in a moto buy a DR, if you look dumb in both, buy a bomber.

Also as stated many times in this thread, it's never good to size up to accommodate growth. My advice? wait a few more months if you really think you're gonna be packing on more muscle before ordering, otherwise have fun in the B&S thread.

19. jkoll

jkoll Active Member

Thank you. Not what I wanted to hear, but what I needed. Never tried an DR on before, so not really sure.. will do more research [​IMG]

20. chv7

chv7 Well-Known Member

Sorry if that was a little too blunt. Yea, it would be best to try on a DR style jacket before making your decision, if you have a H&M around you, you could always check them out. They usually carry some sort of faux biker styled jacket that you could try on to see how it'll look on you.