• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Bruce10

Reaction score
Here's hoping the new bball come with the option of no striped hem and cuff. Would definitely buy if this was available.

I saw the one in the gallery and it looks really clean.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the record I'm a 46/47 and 5'10 tall.
Currently leaning towards 2 zip just because I haven't really been able to see anybody wearing a 4 zip that is skinnier and look cool.

****, and I thought my whiskey 4 zip was cool.

Interesting turnout for this BBall jacket. Black Lamb CWU vs BBall vs any other interesting upcoming designs..

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Here's hoping the new bball come with the option of no striped hem and cuff. Would definitely buy if this was available.
I saw the one in the gallery and it looks really clean.

We're not doing that again, was a custom request. I didn't really like the outcome that much.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Was going to suggest a forest green bball as well. Red could be a more adventurous option

We offered red originally..... nobody really stepped up. Somebody might've, if I recall, but it was months after the original release, and we had long scrapped plans to run the suede up in red. Green tends to follow red in terms of buy-in, so don't expect to see green anytime soon....

Item of note; we have to run the suede up to our specs in massive quantities per color, it's a headache and I didn't really want to make the Bball because of this (and the custom rib that has to be made again), and I don't think people are going to show up and buy 20 Bballs a piece, so color choices are going to remain pretty limited. I'm not really in the position to take suggestions for colors here in the thread, that becomes fruitless.

I think tan will be the leadoff color, perhaps a new color will make the cut later.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that is for the whole leather/suede stuffs

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

wasnt it 730 before or something?
**** now this is something I can afford

it was 415 before. Last time we ran calf suede though, we had a much lower minimum run. I don't know why, but the guy is dicking me on it this year and has raised the price and the minimum run to suede it (it starts as top grain/corrected leather and we take the top grain/correction off, since it doesn't matter). Anyway, gotta cover on the materials. We also gotta treat Bball jackets as a pre-order thing to start again this time, if we don't get enough to cover the orders and the huge run on the suede we'll just refund the payments again, we've done that before with a couple projects that didn't take off.

Full-grain lamb and lamb suede, calf, goat, and sometimes horse (if we have it) start at 735 and go up from there depending on color and the material in question.

GSafternoon

Reaction score
I saw an old guy in a red baseball jacket in the airport once, and it made me want a red baseball jacket over any other colors. Its the second time this type of thing happened (last time was a hobo in a brown fishtail).

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I took this as saying, "i get my inspiration from old men and hobos"
laugh.gif

GSafternoon

Reaction score
dude its true, young guys always have stupid details on their almost nice jackets, where as old guys and hobos keep it simple

afixedpoint

Crossfit
Reaction score

We offered red originally..... nobody really stepped up. Somebody might've, if I recall, but it was months after the original release, and we had long scrapped plans to run the suede up in red. Green tends to follow red in terms of buy-in, so don't expect to see green anytime soon....
Item of note; we have to run the suede up to our specs in massive quantities per color, it's a headache and I didn't really want to make the Bball because of this (and the custom rib that has to be made again), and I don't think people are going to show up and buy 20 Bballs a piece, so color choices are going to remain pretty limited. I'm not really in the position to take suggestions for colors here in the thread, that becomes fruitless.
I think tan will be the leadoff color, perhaps a new color will make the cut later.

I think most folks, including me, would be perfectly happy with tan, grey, or blue. Being Asian i would probably go grey or blue. It's fun to throw around more adventurous colors though. A red bball looks nice in my mind, but I doubt I would actually wear such a loud piece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics