• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

89andy

Reaction score
more distinctive? Or because 2 zip is plain vanilla too boring?

dePt

Reaction score
I wouldn't say its boring. It's a cleaner look, but not boring at all.
It's a matter of personal taste (daah). Get what you perfer.

I'm keen on getting peoples opinion on the hemline.
Am I the only one who perfers the moto without one?

Last edited:

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
3-zip/cafe racer, best of both worlds. In hindsight I should have asked for a single chest pocket but I quite like the sparseness of my 2 zip

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
none of these things you guys are talking about are available, because they've been tried and are not as good as the 4-zip.

wzjradam

Reaction score
Can you guys post some measurements for the VTG DR sample for sale? I'm interested, but really need to know some exact measurements first.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Guys, I'm thinking of a 2011 black lamb moto. Whats the consensus on 2-zip vs 4-zip?
Also, would wearing a shirt inside be weird with that type of collar? A casual oxford, not a tucked in dress shirt btw.
Thanks.

hope this answers your questions

tumblr_m1lj42F9Rg1qcq3abo1_400.jpg

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
^ Creases/wrinkling at the arms looks seriously awesome.

Also demonstrates that an untucked button-front shirt looks fine under a black 4-zip.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score

None of the economics professors I know could tell you either. Throwing around terms from freshman economics does not an economist make

PhD at Northwestern, I assume? I'm finishing my B.A. in Econ. there right now.

Can't wait for some new TOJ jackets. I'll be graduating from college in 2.5 months and I think a new leather would be a prime grad present to myself.

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's no wonder Drew recs the 4-zip--it's eye-catching-swagalicious--and one of his best offerings.

We're just lucky that he allows a 2-zip option.

Personally, I like the 2-zip b/c it has a "cleaner" look with less hardware. For example, I think Aeglus' picture would also look great w/o the 2 top zips, but it also looks great now. Realistically, can't really go wrong, imo.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads