TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Holy shit i would totally buy leather jeans you don't even know.

2. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

actually just promise to make at least one piece edgier than the moto (since i have the dr) and ill cop.

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Whoa, same wavelength.
    the tribe has spoken. I'd also consider a navy or white thick cotton/canvas jacket with a point collar (leather collar?) (shape of your bomber collar) and blistered sleeves. or something like my 5-button Cloak jacket with a slimmer body and leather sleeves. Might help those of us looking for a bit more edge find something from you with a lower material upcharge?

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

nothing blistered is ever coming, abandon all hope

i'd still buy leather jeans though blistered or no

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'll overnight you some In N Out burgers for some of those tee's. No Uniqlo on this side of the states. [​IMG]

Just call them and order it from the NY store.

6. Razele

Razele Senior member

I'm hoping to God that drew brings back the suede harrington and the band collar riders, need to do regret kopping

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Just call them and order it from the NY store.
    They take phone orders? I have no idea how their shirts run so one from S-XL it is.

8. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

Hm
    Whats so special about uniqlo tees. I owned them shrunk so much i threw them away.
    Just buy hanes v neck 5 for 10$

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Hm
    Whats so special about uniqlo tees. I owned them shrunk so much i threw them away.
    Just buy hanes v neck 5 for 10$

Hanes S and the Korean uniqlo size XL fit about the same after a wash, but the Uniqlo is like an inch or two longer, it's more than noticeable. The sleeves on the Uniqlo are actually shorter by like a half inch or so, but I'd pick longer body length over the sleeves. Also, I don't like the thick neckband on Hanes as much as the thin one on the Uniqlos and the feel is much nicer, fabric is thicker and softer. Worth it.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

nothing blistered is ever coming, abandon all hope
    Drkshdw actually made blistered lamb detroits this past FW I believe. He's obviously right that leather pants would be a pretty tough sell. I mean think about how much trouble backpacks were to move... and backpacks are easy inventory. A simple leather shirtjack would be hopping on a bandwagon somewhat but would move a lot easier than the pants.

11. newguy

newguy Member

Hanes S and the Korean uniqlo size XL fit about the same after a wash, but the Uniqlo is like an inch or two longer, it's more than noticeable. The sleeves on the Uniqlo are actually shorter by like a half inch or so, but I'd pick longer body length over the sleeves. Also, I don't like the thick neckband on Hanes as much as the thin one on the Uniqlos and the feel is much nicer, fabric is thicker and softer. Worth it.

+1

Uniqlo Premium Cotton are actually pretty dope, especially at 5 bucks a tee, also well cut and super soft.

I wish I could go back to Asia just to grab like 10 more.

12. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

yeah it's me, but I think I'm naturally built a little bigger torso-wise than my height/weight suggests. I don't lift weights or anything, just skinny legged (no centaur)

Tee is Uniqlo 'premium cotton' - i don't know if they have them there or not, I wear Korean size XL in them and they're still a little small for my liking, and I'm a true size XS in reality, lol

wtf did you get women's tees or something? i bought stuff from uniqlo korea and i wore a size small (big 36).

13. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

Depends on the tee. Uniqlo is pretty weird with Asian sizes, and while for half the tees it's roughly analogous to european sizing, for the other half they have really wonky length:width proportions.

Except for jeans I can't wear anything at all in Uniqlo Korea that isn't L or XL, slimfit or no, and I can do a XS in ToJ easily.

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

The new official T-Shirt thread, 2011

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Somebody on here was fretting about whether buttondowns went with DRs, why not dude? It looks great. [​IMG] [​IMG]