TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Anyone get a tracking number lately? I was told it would be 3-4 weeks before I would get mine and that was 5 weeks ago. I e-mailed 4-5 days ago and didn't get a response.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Last week I think we shipped on Monday or Tuesday. We will ship again around the same time this week.

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i will work for food and board :devil:

id like to see this look come to fruition:
    toj nylon blazer in dark navy (i know, nylons arent in your plan :eek:)
    toj grey trousers
    toj white hidden placket shirt
    black derbys

the navy nylon would go great with the grey trousers imo

4. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

fuck yeah
    snowman capsule collection ftw :slayer:

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

see ppl will buy it :teach:

6. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

let me know if you need a graphic designer (0)

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Alright, so just to demonstrate how it'd work hypothetically if I were working with you snowman; well, we have the trousers and shirt already made, basically, so those are checked off. I'll volley back my ideas: (this is part of realization)

black derbies - shoes are a huge undertaking. Likely to be vetoed. They're one of those items you must (well, at least I feel) do to an incredibly high level to justify a price, even if they present an aesthetic style rare in the market. I'm talking like beyond the last and design itself; goodyear welt, a decent calfskin to use, etc, those are the very basics- you don't want your customers to outlay big money of any amount and have the sole peel off the shoe even way down the line - that is a really troubling feeling. Likewise, cheap materials tend to show through and bother you about your shoes to no end. Shoes bear a lot of weight and wear and tear compared to clothing suspended off your body, so considerations like that regarding durability must be planned for and also increase the cost a lot. You're talking like, $100 per pair from a factory, and you have to buy 300 pairs to make your lot. Says nothing of how one can sell the lot to completion.
    Black laceup shoes are amongst some of the most common shoes in the world, so to differentiate and keeping them unique (and I don't do 'crazy' or wild stuff, keep in mind) while making a black laceup shoe - that is bold Really bold. Risky, however you want to call it, but it's a bold statement and you really gotta bring your A game to an effort like that. It's not something you just add to pad out a look. I mean, maybe some shitty designers do it, but notice how many new designers don't make footwear at all. Raf Simons didn't make shoes for like, 7 or 8 years. I'm guessing there were both financial and effort considerations behind that.

Nylon blazer - doesn't speak of much, would need to hear more. Think of the financial considerations again though- nylon blazer? How many people would buy that? And for what price? Blazers and suiting jackets typically cost what they do because suiting wool is expensive, maybe 5x-10x or more what 'normal' fabric used in SWD'ish stuff costs. Drop the nice material, and what is the selling point?
    Aesthetically - again, would need to know more than the two word description to make anything of it - but a nylon blazer sounds like it could get really ugly, really quickly.

Final consideration - Consider many possible cuts, and even still - navy blazer, white shirt, grey trousers, black shoes - groundbreaking look?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

8. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

So to sum, Drew is the consummate businessman who knows the ins and outs of logistics, operations and markets. He needs a guy who can impart his aesthetic vision and take it to the next level. This is the reverse situation Apple was in with Steve Jobs and Tim Cook.:slayer:

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

well i didnt say toj derbys :embar:

the nylon can be a thick material that is great for travelling (pack it and it doesnt wrinkle) im sure Neofinitia would cop.
    some pants and blazers didnt even feel like nylon, which i thought was really awesome. lost of R&D, im aware.

your toj pants, im hoping have a sheen like my mohair undercover pants. when i tried on these blazers and leathers at prada with my UC pants it was a perfect match.
    so im thinking it'll look great in a minimalist prada/jil look, but also with some out-of-the box pieces. = something for everyone (?) ...my thoughts anyways.

im just coming up with a styling idea and not re creating the whole TOJ brand. tis why im working with the pieces youve already made.

10. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

what about some TOJ hightops? Nothing better to pair with a TOJ jacket.

11. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

is the TOJ1 going to be taken off the menu say within next month? I want to get one for spring and our not so hot summer in Canada

12. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Don't blazers take a ton of skill to cut compared to something like a leather jacket? I mean, I could be wrong, but a leather jacket basically just has to hug your body while giving you room to move, whereas a blazer has to hang just right, accentuate some parts of you and hide others.

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

So what are the officially endorsed TOJ shoes? I think all my current stuff lends itself to a different aesthetic, regardless of the fact that my white CPs may "work."

14. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

I'll take a hidden placket TOJ right now. I know I'm not the only one.

Any samples of the grey flannel btw? I feel like trousers and buttoned up jackets(T1, A1, potential varsity?) are gonna pair well with some nice derbys or oxfords.

15. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

+1 on all of this