TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

No, the opposite of what you are saying. I have strong grasp of function and the physical properties, which is what I was trying to say. I am looking for someone with some esoteric qualities that relate to styling and attitude, and graphic arrangement, less for the clothes and more for the 'house' - and I also don't feel that there is anyone on styleforum who would be that person either, fwiw. Maybe there is, but they aren't posting in a way for me to recognize that. I think on sufu selectivebeef might be the closest, but I'm still not sure, looking for someone who might really go above and beyond that. Think about this; i's easy to put together nice outfits if you have a bunch of clothes, but I'm talking about doing that from scratch, clean slate, absolutely nothing pre-determined. What do you do then?

2. impolyt_one

never even saw that pic before, VSLI, who is that?

3. impolyt_one

GBear - you need a a T-1, black, sized like your Moto :devil:

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

No clue. I was just browsing your photo gallery earlier and it caught my eye :nodding:

Apaprently it's Drew aka "drewster supreme"

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

5. impolyt_one

also, not really interested in heritage style or people who would think in that way - I want to work with somebody who has Mode aspirations but perhaps doesn't have all the workings to create quality, reliable garments. I think this type of person is quite common actually, you find them at fashion schools everywhere.

Heritage/Americana is just clothes, constant rearrangement of your room, IMO. It's the MC school of thought regarding making an outfit, the imaginative qualities are weaker there than in the Mode camp, I feel. It's fun to do once in awhile, I do it myself - it's 'cute' clothes. I like MC trad stuff too. However, I don't really feel that any of those camps breeds the kind of creativity or stylistic leanings I like and am looking for in somebody I'd want to work with.

6. impolyt_one

"I used to do drugs.... and I still do"

7. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

That pretty much sums it up.. and he's out there rocking your jacket.

You seem to have done very well for yourself, Drew. I don't understand why you think you need a partner (not my place to say of course and I'm all for anything that turns out even better products), unless for nothing than to expand your perspective or direction. However, I think to some extent it's the wearer's job to mix pieces well to create interesting aesthetics based on archetypal looks that individual designers/brands provide.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

8. impolyt_one

Thanks man, and it's the quoted above that I'm looking for... and then of course some polish in presentation. I just get lazy about that even though I know the average person needs it to indulge their senses more.

9. Razele

Razele Senior member

He is looking for the Geller to complement his Plokhov :inlove:

10. impolyt_one

yes, in a way. I don't want to make any assumptions regarding the actual strengths of Plokhov and Geller though, because there's inner business workings that each apply themselves to. The brand positioning they are in (and that's predetermined before they set out) alters the paths they go down and the clothes that they can make - Plokhov post-Cloak tends to be at higher pricepoints than Geller can dream of, Versace or solo. There's tons more room to play with there. Geller's pricepoint is really limiting and maybe suits him as he has that stylistic talent and can make cheap clothes look interesting.
    Also hard to figure out who does what behind the names of big designers, so on and so on, it's hard to know unless you're all up in their kitchen. Fuuma might know better examples.

11. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

The thought passed through my mind for a split second to get my trousers chopped to high waters but that just seemed kinda wasteful. Depending on how my pair fits when they arrive I'm likely to buy more.

And as for TOJ becoming more defined and polished as a brand (with the possible addition of another presence), I'd say that's something worth working towards (even though the selfish part of me likes that it's kind of a small establishment being run out of a garage right now)

12. GBear

GBear Senior member

I'll keep this in mind, Drew. I'm just a little unsure of having suede be my first lamb, haha. And I would like to see this styled before anything. It is a bit difficult to picture for me, especially black.

13. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

MDR fit. Jacket is absolutely superb, especially considering it's my first leather jacket. :embar:

[​IMG]

14. impolyt_one

fit is fantastic man.

15. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member