Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

I actually like leather pants. I think they look cool as fuck when designed right and worn by someone with incredible swagger. But I forecast that I'd sell about 2 pairs of them over the span of about a year, so those are out.

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I actually like leather pants. I think they look cool as fuck when designed right and worn by someone with incredible swagger. But I forecast that I'd sell about 2 pairs of them over the span of about a year, so those are out.

man, double [​IMG]

3. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

Some quick fit pics. About the same here, this sample is a little smaller than samples are normally ordered in. You can see that the straight hem makes it look a little longer there on the sides compared to 2010's DR with the scalloped hem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Drew, is this you in the pictures? If so, the jacket makes you look a bit bigger (as in more muscle mass). Also, what brand is that v neck? I think the length works great with the DR and I've been looking for something similar to wear with mine. The hunt for the perfect t shirt continues for me. [​IMG]

4. impolyt_one

Fit pics look awesome... what will the turnaround time be on these new models? I really want to order soon but won't be staying at this address after the end of April.

Based on what we have in our order log to finish, the parts that are on order: the turnaround time for orders put in now would be fairly normal. We've gotten out of the slowness that was caused by 1) Christmas to New Year's week downtime, 2) the glut of orders we got before the new year before the 2011 price schedule, and 3) the Chinese New Year's holiday that crippled us, that was about 2 weeks of dead downtime and then a virtual 2-3 week delay because of the huge work load, all took longer than expected.
    Anyway, we're back on track, stuff would be about 3-5 weeks from this point on, unless the new stuff becomes massively popular.

5. SPK

SPK Senior Member

What about denim jacket with leather sleeves or leather body with knitted sleeves or other different combos of materials?

6. impolyt_one

Drew, is this you in the pictures? If so, the jacket makes you look a bit bigger (as in more muscle mass). Also, what brand is that v neck? I think the length works great with the DR and I've been looking for something similar to wear with mine. The hunt for the perfect t shirt continues for me. [​IMG]

yeah it's me, but I think I'm naturally built a little bigger torso-wise than my height/weight suggests. I don't lift weights or anything, just skinny legged (no centaur)

Tee is Uniqlo 'premium cotton' - i don't know if they have them there or not, I wear Korean size XL in them and they're still a little small for my liking, and I'm a true size XS in reality, lol

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I will pre-order. (0)

8. impolyt_one

What about denim jacket with leather sleeves or leather body with knitted sleeves or other different combos of materials?

those would cost about $500 or even a little more. We can't easily get denim distressed so that's also a hurdle to that. Better would be to find your own vintage denim jacket that fits well and chop the sleeves off, and wear as a vest over your leather jackets (TOJ of course) [​IMG]

9. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

Also, is the new DR going to be made by the same dude(s) that do the old DR? If so, you're going to kill him (them). Lol.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I actually like leather pants. But I forecast that I'd sell about 2 pairs of them over the span of about a year, so those are out.
    Just find some more blistered lamb and you'll be golden.

11. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior Member

how about thinner leather? fuck non leather -__-

12. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior Member

Random question, but are you going to offer FQHH in colours other than brown/russet? Trying to think ahead.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I would pre-order blistered leather jeans in a heartbeat
    Just find some more blistered lamb and you'll be golden.
    Whoa, same wavelength.

14. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

yeah it's me, but I think I'm naturally built a little bigger torso-wise than my height/weight suggests. I don't lift weights or anything, just skinny legged (no centaur)

Tee is Uniqlo 'premium cotton' - i don't know if they have them there or not, I wear Korean size XL in them and they're still a little small for my liking, and I'm a true size XS in reality, lol

I'll overnight you some In N Out burgers for some of those tee's. No Uniqlo on this side of the states. [​IMG]

15. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

I was just thinking about how badass it would be to have real lion mane on a DR