TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Shryke

Shryke Senior member

Forget waiting for colour swatches... just order blind.*

4 weeks in on my red calf DR... with no pictures of the colour.

*Not necessarily good advice.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

to be fair, I try not to get too creative/artsy with color naming. Charly does a little, but when I say something is 'bottle green' or 'royal blue' or even 'dark royal blue' - it means just that. Dark royal blue would be like royal blue... except darker. :eek:

3. Shryke

Shryke Senior member

As long as my red jacket doesn't turn up mint green or something, then we're cool. I trust you on this one!

V V V Had to look it up :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  4. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Shryke is going to receive a Nantucket Red DR(10)

5. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Did you take it? How was it? I must know the ending.

6. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Get a grill and a couple good pans, get to know the guy at the butcher counter, cheese counter and produce section, good shit learning to cook for yourself

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Probably not, every MacBook screen will look pretty much entirely different without calibration. iPhone ... yeah, they all look the same. However, this wouldn't affect printing, so maybe have someone design it for print.

8. Kross

Kross Senior member

You read my mind on one of the pocket issues Drew but I'm just a bit worried about the jacket
    now having too much negative space at the bottom. I feel like if the pockets were moved down an inch or two
    the whole piece would have more balance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But maybe I'm just obsessing over nothing though. I completely trust your judgement on this.

9. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Your experience illustrates one of the key reasons for bad airline food. The food is purposefully bland and tasteless in order to appeal to the largest possible audience, to avoid digestion and bathroom issues, and to avoid stinking up the cabin with foul odors.

Flying today has nearly become the equivalent of riding public transportation. One gets to interact with the dreks of society, providing you with an authentic urban experience (or in the case of flying an authentic American experience).

One time when I was flying coach this hugely obese woman sat next to me and proceeded to pull some very smelly fried chicken out of her bag. When the flight attendant asked her to put it away for take off, she jammed it into the seat pouch in front of her! Then throughout the flight she kept pulling piece after piece of chicken from her bag, bending over to eat it like pig at the trough. I swear she must have had a whole bucket of the stuff. The smell and sight bothered me, I got angry, but said nothing. I just couldn't understand why she would choose to subject a fellow passenger to this for a mere one hour flight. Many years ago you would simply not see these type of people flying.

10. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

As somebody who eats like 3-4 times a day and doesn't snack (maybe some goldfish or something if I'm starving), I forget that some people literally eat the entire day. There's people I work with that have giant bowls of candy that they just munch on for the whole work day.

11. impolyt_one

why do you say that? the different graphics cards and LCD elements? I want to believe that Apple sends most of their stuff like this out kinda baselined around the same range, considering how many professionals have traditionally used Mac OS for reasons related.

Its not going to look like that man, it'll look like the 'official mockup' we did that is now on the TOJ facebook page. a) can't photoshop the 2010 and have it look the same and b) the 2010 has a deeply scalloped hem with sides that go higher than you see in those pics.... and also c) sizes are different and so exact proportions are relative to size, they're made to look the same but are tailored to fit obviously.

12. impolyt_one

loooooool. I could picture that story in my head pretty well until I got to the bolded part, and then my understanding fell apart. :lol:

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I say it because it's true, just look up MacBook color calibration. I've had three MacBooks and all had wildly different color reproduction and you can see a lot of discussion about color profiles on forums where, for example, a profile file that looks yellow on one screen looks blue on another, or perfect on another ...

14. Nil

Nil Senior member

Fuck that, fried chicken is delicious to enjoy at any time of the day.

15. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

true. just had to get a new air cause my old one drank a beer. screen is a different manufacturer and is completely different. trying to find a decent profile that makes it less washed out.