• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

just another fool

Reaction score
Really getting close to pulling the trigger on a t3 but cant decide on a color and lack imagination. Anyway we could get a pic of the muted sky blue and medium grey?

koor

Reaction score
I placed my order 3 weeks ago for a Collared Moto.....so I've got nothing better to do than to obsess about the sizing. After scanning through the various B&S versions where people list their height/weight I'm worried about the sleeve length.

I ordered one with sleeve length, from shoulder 24.5".

I'm 6' Feet tall and thin as a rail (160)....does that sleeve sizing sound right? I'd be pretty disappointed if it was too short after a 6 week wait. Maybe I can intervene now if the sleeves sound too short to the masses.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You should remeasure that and relay it to Charly. I think you'll find something more like 25" or so at the least. I am 5'8ish with arms maybe more like the avg 5'9-5'10 guy, so slightly long, and I wear sleeves about 24.5" on these. Normally I put 6' guys at 25.5. If you lift weights and have jacked arms they tend to measure slightly shorter I think, because the arm tends to be at a bent slightly (?) (I've never really worked out but I did for a little and felt my arms shortened noticeably during that time)

El Giggity

Reaction score
we're aiming for like 6-7 week turnover nowadays with the higher order load. We have some longer waits in currently and did recently because we had 2 or 3 weeks of offline time around the end of Jan/beg of Feb with CNY and then a week for sampling that we did, but we have one more sewer coming in so that we can try to trim it down to a goal of 6 weeks uniformly soon.

Cheers, ordered mine 6 weeks ago, so hoping I hear soon, ordered a toj2011, sexon, you gonna wear that with visvim?
wink.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Really getting close to pulling the trigger on a t3 but cant decide on a color and lack imagination. Anyway we could get a pic of the muted sky blue and medium grey?

I'll try to get some color swatches or something. Best way to do that is for Dan to send me the swatches from Seoul to Tokyo so I can see the colors with my own eyes and then Pshop them at neutral color calibration.... so it could be a few days.

Disclaimer: representing colors on the internet is hard, because everybody uses something different and they all have different color settings. I guess if people are using a Macbook and have never touched the color settings the effect will be the same as I am seeing, or if they use iOS, the same... but once it shows up on a PC, all bets are off. Suede is also insanely hard to capture in photos, so it's likely I'll just color in an html color box or something, and have you imagine there's a sueded texture on that instead of trying to photo suede, which is futile.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I posted up earlier that I measured 26" at just over 6'. Sounds short to me. Keep in mind a lot of the jackets on b&s aren't even original to the seller so the measurements may not necessarily reflect their true measurements.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
most people on B+S don't ever measure the TOJ jackets they're selling, sad but true. Only takes 2 minutes.

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I placed my order 3 weeks ago for a Collared Moto.....so I've got nothing better to do than to obsess about the sizing. After scanning through the various B&S versions where people list their height/weight I'm worried about the sleeve length.
I ordered one with sleeve length, from shoulder 24.5".
I'm 6' Feet tall and thin as a rail (160)....does that sleeve sizing sound right? I'd be pretty disappointed if it was too short after a 6 week wait. Maybe I can intervene now if the sleeves sound too short to the masses.

I had the same concern. 6 ft and 150 lbs here, initial order was for 24.5" sleeves b/c I have a jacket with 25.5" sleeves that are a bit too long. Realized cutting a full inch off was probably a bad idea. Updated the order to 25.2" sleeves yesterday. Hopefully got it right.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Yup. So with summer soon approaching, the logical choice is for me to buy a jacket.
And why you no drive here? So rude and elitist :(
Also would love food recommendations around here. I have a pretty limited view of the state so far.

Which part do you live in? I like eating Navajo tacos. You kind of have to get in the mood for them maybe, but it's not exactly Manhattan out there in some parts of Arizona and so you eat what they're selling. :eek: I like New Mexico green chili too, but don't see it often on the other size of the state line.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I was working on expanding my furniture agency/sales business, with a "housebrand" a while back and I had a some meetings with young designers and some of the **** I had to look at and hear about was mind boggling.
I know you have a strong college student client base, but for me a backpack wouldn't be attractive and in my mind a backpack is only something you use when you are a student, something like a nice portfolio, shoulder/messenger bag or a 48 hour would be interesting.

The ideas I have for my new Daypack will just piss you off then, :eek: But I understand what you're saying. Like I said, I've given on up on most bags because they never carry a laptop comfortably. I have a Givenchy duffle, an Ann D duffle, a Julius duffle, a Supreme duffle, a YY messenger, a Bernie Wilhelm bag, maybe some more bags I'm forgetting - they all suck if I try to carry more than a moleskine and a pen in them, haha. Some of them are just glorified (albeit hugely porportioned) versions of women's purses and so they're really uncomfortable, no thoughts of upgrading the carriage system to actually carrying more than a woman would put in her purse.

Bag design is hard. Can't please everyone.

just another fool

Reaction score

I'll try to get some color swatches or something. Best way to do that is for Dan to send me the swatches from Seoul to Tokyo so I can see the colors with my own eyes and then Pshop them at neutral color calibration.... so it could be a few days.
Disclaimer: representing colors on the internet is hard, because everybody uses something different and they all have different color settings. I guess if people are using a Macbook and have never touched the color settings the effect will be the same as I am seeing, or if they use iOS, the same... but once it shows up on a PC, all bets are off. Suede is also insanely hard to capture in photos, so it's likely I'll just color in an html color box or something, and have you imagine there's a sueded texture on that instead of trying to photo suede, which is futile.

That would be totally fine and much appreciated. I just need an idea, since i'm pretty sure the only colors for those two i'm seeing in my mind are noot real accurate and those two sound like they'd be what would work best.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Which part do you live in? I like eating Navajo tacos. You kind of have to get in the mood for them maybe, but it's not exactly Manhattan out there in some parts of Arizona and so you eat what they're selling. :eek: I like New Mexico green chili too, but don't see it often on the other size of the state line.

The only part, phoenix :nodding: I don't really cook so I've been living off oatmeal, peanuts, and cottage cheese mostly... sadly not exaggerating that.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The ideas I have for my new Daypack will just piss you off then, :eek: But I understand what you're saying. Like I said, I've given on up on most bags because they never carry a laptop comfortably. I have a Givenchy duffle, an Ann D duffle, a Julius duffle, a Supreme duffle, a YY messenger, a Bernie Wilhelm bag, maybe some more bags I'm forgetting - they all suck if I try to carry more than a moleskine and a pen in them, haha. Some of them are just glorified (albeit hugely porportioned) versions of women's purses and so they're really uncomfortable, no thoughts of upgrading the carriage system to actually carrying more than a woman would put in her purse.
Bag design is hard. Can't please everyone.

Piss me of no, I just wont buy one ;)

All I want is a double width portfolio, so it can fit a laptop and a couple extra things, in a nice quality without having to pay and arm and a leg, but that doesn't exists. :fu:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads