TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

People do, man - and it gets out of hand really quickly. :fu:

2. El Giggity

El Giggity Well-Known Member

Right so I don't have to bug drew, how long is the normal waiting time on an order? wait is fucking killing me?

3. impolyt_one

we're aiming for like 6-7 week turnover nowadays with the higher order load. We have some longer waits in currently and did recently because we had 2 or 3 weeks of offline time around the end of Jan/beg of Feb with CNY and then a week for sampling that we did, but we have one more sewer coming in so that we can try to trim it down to a goal of 6 weeks uniformly soon.

4. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Should mean the first Artishard isn't far away...excited to see one :slayer:

5. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Oooh...well that explains my wait time. Regardless, got my MDR and it's incredible. Whatever expectations I had for the jacket it completely blew it away. It's just too bad that it's 71 degrees out because spring apparently doesn't exist anymore. :fu:

6. impolyt_one

Do you live in Arizona man? The original plan for this trip was to drive from LA to St Louis, but that would've taken too much time and expense in the end so I nixed that idea. I used to live in Arizona, it was gonna be a food eating trip.

I can't drive the 6 hrs but I can send colabear out there to size you up if you want :eek:

7. impolyt_one

71 degrees is perfect leather jacket weather man, I might hesitate at 80, but 71 is like the sweet spot. :eek:

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Yup. So with summer soon approaching, the logical choice is for me to buy a jacket.

And why you no drive here? So rude and elitist :(

Also would love food recommendations around here. I have a pretty limited view of the state so far.

9. Kross

Kross Senior member

Hey Drew could you tell me whether or not the pockets on the 4zip will be lower than those on the 2010DR because of the removal of the straps? If you have time I'd also like to know why you chose the straight hem for the 4zip :)

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I was working on expanding my furniture agency/sales business, with a "housebrand" a while back and I had a some meetings with young designers and some of the shit I had to look at and hear about was mind boggling.

I know you have a strong college student client base, but for me a backpack wouldn't be attractive and in my mind a backpack is only something you use when you are a student, something like a nice portfolio, shoulder/messenger bag or a 48 hour would be interesting.

11. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

For drew, lmaozedong and anyone else who remembers. I still think of this every once and a while and laugh, had to go and find this picture lol:
    [​IMG]

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Most European airlines serve sandwiches now a days instead of that rubbish they used to, on transatlantic flights you can choose what you want kosher, glutenfree etc.

13. impolyt_one

HAHAHA dude, you have the pic!!! I knew I wasn't talking to an empty room with that one.

14. APK

APK Senior member

I sat next to a big guy on a flight last year who pulled a Potbelly sandwich from his bag right after take off. I've never eaten there, so my best guess was that he ordered the 6-Vinegar Marinated Olive Sandwich. My god, did that thing reek. I was about as angry as you can get at some stranger eating a sandwich. Then he kindly offered me the other half of the sandwich. :embar:

15. impolyt_one

pockets aren't gonna be any lower/higher really, and the banded hem is more substantial and a cleaner finished product in my mind. You notice it when you go to pick the jacket up (not that you necessarily have a 2010 DR on hand to compare all this to, but) the banded hem is just a bit thicker and heftier, same goes for the convertible cuffs vs the standard original cuffs. It was both for aesthetic and tactile reasons, it's the best of all the worlds IMO.
    I don't worry so much about hand pockets on the leather jackets, it's not a frontrunning priority, because the way the jackets are sized and supposed to fit, it's more natural for your hands to go to your pants pockets. Jacket hand pockets would be slightly too high. Works on a longer coat with a lower handwarmer pocket stance that usually goes close to where your pants pockets are, but they will always ride higher on a short jacket.