TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

great answer A++++

would read again.

2. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

[​IMG]

3. APK

APK Senior member

someone please tell me how I'm in the wrong?[/quote]

Drew's going to be in California for less than 48 hours. He offered to measure some people for jackets. You indicated you wanted him to come measure you for a pair of trousers, which cost significantly less than a jacket. Maybe you think it's callous, but in this case, time is money. He's got a finite amount of time in California and he can't be hacking away at that limited time measuring someone for a pair of pants. You're getting overly defensive about this.

And I say this as a person who has never given Drew so much as $1, so you no need with a "OMG FANBOY" response.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  4. grizzlybear

Drew's going to be in California for less than 48 hours. He offered to measure some people for jackets. You indicated you wanted him to come measure you for a pair of trousers, which cost significantly less than a jacket. Maybe you think it's callous, but in this case, time is money. He's got a finite amount of time in California and he can't be hacking away at that limited time measuring someone for a pair of pants. You're getting overly defensive about this.
    And I say this as a person who has never given Drew so much as $1, so you no need with a "OMG FANBOY" response.[/quote]

what? I wasn't the only one that said it #1, he asked if you didn't notice#2, I was half kidding #3 I was not hostile #4. it's not even about the measurements nor was it ever, it was about his attitude towards me as a potential customer.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

DH was great, but the rest of that sounds a bit darker than I'd want to go, not really within my aesthetic. I need to put together the updated models on a sheet like I have on the first page, so that maybe there is a better understanding of where things are now aesthetically. Maybe another task for a badass photoshop hobbyist if they care to see it before I get myself around to doing it :eek:

I'm thinking big material changes, same pattern and design. Had a couple incidents where I feel people overstressed or overloaded the suede from the green run, and there were a couple broken straps that we had to take back and fix on the green version, which was shaved just a bit thinner than the other colors (the rest unaffected) - from that I'll be passing on the idea of using suede for a load-bearing strap in the future, and possibly revise the strap angle. It was really the fault of the former, rather than the latter, but that was the breaks, so something I know now.
    This time - thinking full leather, but definitely not what anybody would think when I say full leather, of course :devil:

6. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Dude, chill out, just let it go. Learn to stop taking things so seriously on the internet.

7. APK

APK Senior member

1) Unless I missed a pot, you were the only one who said you wanted pants measurements. Others mentioned getting measured for jackets if they mentioned a specific product.
    2) Where did Drew ask if people wanted to get measured for just pants?
    3) O rly?
    4) I didn't say you were hostile. You're being kind of a baby about this.

Please try to look at this from his perspective. He's only in California for a brief period of time and it's not even for work-related matters. He just mentioned that since he will be in the area, he could measure some people for jackets. I know we as a society have an unwavering loyalty "customer is always right" mentality, but it's his prerogative to tell someone that he's not going to invest some of the limited time he has somewhere if he doesn't think the potential monetary compensation is worth the time tradeoff.

8. grizzlybear

Dude, chill out, just let it go. Learn to stop taking things so seriously on the internet.[/quote]

how about you let drew speak for himself, see what i mean by fanboys coming to the rescue? he was clearly in the wrong and everyone wants to brush his shoulder off like it's all good. I'm talking from the standpoint of a new potential customer even though I already have a jacket. it's pretty pathetic when i quote each and every response and everyone overlooks it because he has favorites. Pathetic

9. impolyt_one

dude. pants. you measure your waist. Do I really need to get in a car and drive to do that for you?

10. grizzlybear

maybe i wanted a jacket also? he could have replied with "are you looking to buy a jacket as well? because i cannot travel just to measure pants" EASY AS THAT. But no, even if i wanted a jacket his answer was that he wouldn't drive anywhere to measure me. How are you still defending this? if this was in the dayton thread everyone would be going apeshit.

11. grizzlybear

didn't i already say it wasnt about the pants? Fix your attitude and favoritism and you won't have any problems.

EDIT: at the end of the day dude, you can't do that to any customer considering they put food on your table. I'm making myself an example because you seem to feel some type of way towards me which in a personal way is not wrong but from a company standpoint you cannot do that.

12. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

but you're not looking to buy anything at all so the whole 'maybe I wanted a jacket' is bullshit. what's your issue? you'd be wasting the man's time so you can feel cool and have yourself measured by a clothing designer....?

13. stick

stick Senior member

Fucking hell guys, just leave it alone, it's obvious no one's going to change anyone's mind about anything. There's not gonna be any awards ceremony at the end of this, just a bunch of shitty posts after what were several pages of interesting discourse.

14. impolyt_one

"I am not driving anywhere to take one measurement" means I am not getting into a car and driving on my dime to take a single (read: quantity, one) measurement that a 3 year old could do successfully, when I said 'anybody for jackets in OC?' and you replied 'pants, LA.' Reading, 1, you, 0

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Alright - stop the press - I see what's going on here !

You misread his post. He said he wasn't going to drive anywhere to take ONE MEASUREMENT for you. He really was talking about ONE measurement (the waist, for pants). You read it as if he said he wasn't going to drive anywhere to take ANY MEASUREMENT for you - i.e. that it's about you.