1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I added some length to the sleeves on my A2. Really like the look of a little stacking in the sleeves. Wore my A2 today. Fucking love this jacket. It's seriously so great.

2. johanm

johanm Senior member

I feel like the thing with the A-2 is that you don't understand how much swagger it has until you actually wear it a few times, see everyone staring at it, etc. I only ordered it for the sake of variety and because of the TOJ cutoff. Now I understand the hype.

3. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

It's not just the leather but DAT FUR. Everyone wants to touch the fur.

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I haven't even broke out the fut yet.

Speaking of, when ordering my A2 and speccing measurements with Charly, I just said I want it to look like Willy's :laugh:

2 people like this.
  5. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

Drew - just curious since you mentioned omgcookielol's order a while back, how did you feel about this quilted mdr vs the stock qdr? I've been itching for a qdr for a while but I quite like the 3-zip configuration too.

http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=9159

6. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

who is this willy fellow and pics of his bomb ass a2?

7. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Willy doesn't exist

1 person likes this.
  8. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

[​IMG]

(Note: this is not me, so quit PM'ing me people.)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  9. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

oh yeah I remember now.that jpop model lookin homie :D

2 people like this.
  10. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

The fur is shearling right? Why was it never offered undyed? I feel like if I were to ever get a shearling collar bomber I'd want like a cream/offwhite collar, is that possible ?

11. leeba

leeba Senior member

Finalizing my order for a brown lamb A-2 [​IMG].
    Just wondering what people have generally been getting for cuff measurements, taking into account wrist size.
    Right now I"m @ 5.2" for 6.25" wrists (around 9.8" hands at joints). Yea, small limbs @ 5'9'' feelsbadman

Sound about right? Also, does 23" front length and 25.4" back length sound good? 5'9" as stated before, relatively short torso w/ long legs and depressingly wide hips lol. Just a quick double check - still a noob so just wanna make sure everythings aiiite

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  12. 2balls

2balls Senior member

the circumference of your wrist is not a legitimate sizing concern... especially for the bomber. Everything else seems fine.

"Trust Charly"

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I was certainly not the first, but when I put out the TOJ A2 for the first time there weren't that many other labels putting out a nice slim A2 like ours. Now there's a lot of people interested in them and you see them around at all kinds of price points (usually way higher), but I still feel that ours has it's own place. It will be staple forever.

14. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

The jacket definitely drapes better after a few wears. Starts off looking stiff like any other jacket, but people aren't just parroting some hype when they say these look better with wear - they're right. I've been wearing mine without the shearling all week and I've been getting more compliments on the jacket each day I put it on.

Thanks for that description of the black goat, btw. Do you have any decent pics of how the texture looks irl (not just microshots :p) youd like to share?Thinking I'll go with that instead of lamb on my murked 2010Dr.

15. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

hey, does anyone know if the ribbed waistband on cwu's/bombers stretches at all?

My jacket looks great unzipped, but when zipped it, it billows inward at the waist.

I've worn it twice but it still looks the same. Does it ever stretch out, and is there anything I can do to stretch it out?

16. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

willy`s a2 looks nice. malaujai`s a2 also fits just as nice

17. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Not sure what "billows inward" means, but yes, I found that the bottom of my (calf) bomber started pretty tight and did stretch some. I should have accounted for my belt adding circumference when I was measuring, but it came out OK, just snug.

If the waist on the bomber is a little too tight, just keep wearing it zipped and it will stretch. Might take a while though.

In other news, I've gotta break out the shearling this winter. Went all last winter without it.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  18. johanm

johanm Senior member

I don't have the jacket handy, but I found a couple of relevant images on google. Basically IRL the black goat has the texture of the purse and the shine/gloss of the wallet. Also I'm not sure about murked out zips on the goat. For reasons I can't pinpoint I think it would be an ideal match for silver zips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. otc

otc Senior member

Any chance at a lighter brown goat in the future? Might be interested in a goat A2 instead of lamb but the brown goat is too close to another jacket I have and I want something lighter colored (like brown lamb or even more like a whiskey)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  20. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

charly emailed me saying they have a new brown goat similar in color to brown lamb