Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

I just put in an order for a black suede A-1 :x I need to get off the internet and stop buying clothes lol.

2. Kross

Kross Senior member

Thanks for the advice guys. Gonna be putting in my order for a 4zip mdr in about a month then :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

i'm not driving anywhere to take one measurement for you. jfc

4. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

Haha, for trousers is it normal waist +1 or hip?

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

When measuring arm length do you go straight from shoulder to wrist or follow the contour your arm? Does 26" sound right for someone 6-6'1?

6. impolyt_one

do it about at the hip bones, or an inch below, or at whichever you point your probably wear mid-rise jeans, it's a little different for people but just make sure it's above your butt. These hit around the same place.

7. impolyt_one

shoulder point, straight down to the small right after the wrist bone is fine. 6'1 and you might be slightly more than 26" by a hair.

8. krayzeez

krayzeez Senior member

9. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

I'm 6'3 and measured 27" so sounds in the ballpark.

10. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

lol, this does not sound good. unless my arms are long for my height by 2". I ordered an MDR with 27" sleeve length based on the sample DR I got from you guys that had 28" sleeve length. maybe i should've trusted charly again. :p

11. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Probably the one measurement I'm most worried about...

12. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Thanks. A friend should have a layover there in a month or so, so hopefully they can pick a few up for me.

Also, we've been talking a lot about magazines, but are there any worthwhile books on fashion?

13. impolyt_one

Brian I've seen a couple times in the past couple weeks, he's the same as ever really. Just not much time to go online I guess. He has been wearing chinos every time I've seen him recently in Tokyo, but he's doing a full-on neo-Americana thing with white bucks, patterned knits, OBCDs, maybe an evolution of his style before without the Mode detour he took while he lived in Korea back when I got to know him the first time around, that's been several years now.

Amekaji, Neo-Americana was coming full force, straight to styleforum. I know you're joking about Brian bringing it here, but it was going to hit SF hard, and as you said, SF SWD was rooted in being the 'casual' offshoot/afterthought of MC originally. The Japanese denim blew up, and that was a huge portion of people. On sufu it was THE thing in 2005-2006, and then only some people moved to Mode, the rest were destined to stick with a deepening Amekaji/neo-Amekaji scene.
    Alot of people are going to blow up again when I say this, but I feel some, a portion, of the Alden momentum came by way of Japan, Aldens had been picking up steam, doing collabos with Japanese stores like SHIPS and Beams on shell from 10 years ago - it's similar to the way many other shoe brands and accoutrements followed the huge Japanese denim thing when the really obsessed starting researching and people from outside the US markets chimed in and were already familiar with what was happening in Japan.
    We watched this in real time on Sufu around 2006, when people started asking 'what kinda shoes and stuff are worthy enough to wear with these jeans I just spent $400 on?' - and the heritage names started pouring out, obviously Red Wings on the low end, people got into White's and Alden, Danner was still making very disparate Japanese and US-specific lines and people were ogling Mountain Light II's - that momentum met the MC's side of the research equation when they started going gaga on Aldens, and I guess, when was it? 2007? 2008? Aldens hit some sort of untouchable level - they became name famous, and they also capitalized on that in real time and made sure their product was out there to be bought, there were those Alden fan stores that started carrying exclusives, etc - unlike Tricker's, for example. Tricker's had some sort of similar (albeit smaller) chance and they just never mobilized. People were asking about Tricker's on sufu in 2006 when they came across the blog of somebody from 45rpm, and it turned out you could only get Tricker's from pediwear at the time mostly - and still, there's not many places to get them from.

14. impolyt_one

Should've gotten the T-1 :eek:

15. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

What's the distinction between the khaki lamb suede offered with the T-1 and the sand lamb suede seen in suede Harrington gallery pics? I've always pictured my first suede piece as having that sand color - almost obsessed with it

[​IMG]