TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. IDH

IDH Senior member

I have been typing posts, then deleting them for about half an hour now because I feel they sound daft - But I'm just going to go ahead and post one anyway.

I really like the style of Aeglus/Synthese and I have saved up money to blow on clothes. What I don't want is to buy the same items as the two guys listed, but similar in my own style. Most of the guys I consistantly like in WAYWT have a unique, consistant look so I don't want to get bogged down buying all things I like/brand hype - as often the outfits don't look complete imo (Like the post about Rick with Chinos...)

Basically, can anyone recommend any magazines to check out or other advice to help add a bit of originality to leather/denim/boots :embar:

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

goddamn can't even go to work anymore, have to stay home and keep up with toj thread. drew, will you just tell me what the fuck i should wear so i don't have to think about it anymore?

3. 1969

1969 Senior member

When I saw the chart yesterday I was going to joke that Drew must be doing David Bowie sized rails of coke.A day later and I'm not sure what to think....

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I think he's doing David Bowie-sized rails of coke.

5. dibango

dibango Senior member

Drew be trollin

6. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

Geez... As someone whose closet practically consists of Epaulet, and as someone who thinks work is uncool, you certainly put a bad image in my mind that my entire wardrobe is work-related. Well at least I have a good wardrobe for the activity in which I partake in for 50-65 hours in the week :)

7. krayzeez

krayzeez Senior member

I'm probably going to get a peacoat soon (before they go discontinued?) and a bomber. :embar:

and i wouldnt mind getting measure for trousers :embar:

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That's pretty accurate. Most people who joined during the "modern" phase of Styleforum - by which I mean, people who joined in 2008 or later, when our membership really went up, and a critical mass of posters who were not part of the original cohort arose - don't really realize the outsize influence that early posters, and specifically, guys like me and Brian SD (you know him well, Drew), had on the early development of tastes on the forum, and specifically, this part of the forum, and the lingering historical influences. I stayed, and Brian has more or less left, the forum, so it makes sense that my tastes reflect Styleforum. I blame Brian for the leather and chinos and Aldens outfits, though. I don't even own a pair of chinos.

These two posts are related, so I'll address the underlying complaint, which is that trends seem to die down, then pop up again, perhaps in perpetuity.

lol. This is something you are, in all likelihood, going to have to live with, in perpetuity. I have a friend, a tattoo artist, who tells me that one of the most popular piercings girls go for is this 3 earring piercing thing that has been circulating on pinterest for months. One of the most popular tattoos? An infinity symbol. You guessed it - also a pinterest phenomenon. After a while, this might go away, run its course, too many ugly people are getting it, etc..., but because of the power of longtail searches, it will not go away. It will remain dormant for a time, until some cool chick finds it again, and then it will go viral, and girls will go into tattoo parlors asking for infinity symbols and painful cartilage piercings. This happened before the internet, of course, but the internet makes things loop extremely quickly.

Just think of how many requests you get for ToJ jackets from your first or second runs, often based on someone finding a cool picture from way back. Same deal. The interwebz that feeds you is also going to consume your brain and drive you mad. I suggest that you embrace it.

I don't know what is going on in Japan, but the American model of internet use is spreading, so be prepared.

9. Kross

Kross Senior member

I'm going to be moving for school in early August but I want to delay ordering for as long as possible because I'm currently cutting so when should I put my order in to definitely receive it by the end of July?

10. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Just tell drew to email you when its done so you can give him the address where you'll be that week. Dude doesn't like being rushed. Anything worthwhile takes time

On another note, I got my A-1 it is better than sex. (not to happy w/ the haircut I got today though)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Truth, although with four and a half months you should be okay. Still doesn't hurt to do what Kross said though just in case.

12. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Can suede MDR's still be made, or is that just a thing of the past? (I'm thinking back a few pages and some guy had a grey suede mdr that looked like pure sex)

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

ok cool, LA or OC better? we can compromise between you, candrew, and my ocation to come up with a place. it wont take more than 10 minutes.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I think about 6 hours inland would be a good compromise Drew :D

15. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

LA, i need some trousers dawg. :)