1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

no man, I was basically saying that you were and wanted to show how the three brands you mentioned are really quite far apart...

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I figured this was what you were saying, so I'm glad to see it clarified. Your personal feelings about, say, Julius aside, you're not chastising people for jumping on a look because it's "not trendy," you're criticizing the fact that suddenly 100 people who had no interest in dark clothing in this vein before suddenly all want a Julius leather even though that fad passed quite some time ago. At least, that's what I think you're saying.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

yes. that and they will pair it with Epaulet chinos and Aldens. its disturbing. I actually like all of the brands I listed.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I think it is very specific to the Japanese top-down magazine environment and not that adaptable to "fashion" in the west without a lot of twisting around. I guess it would be possible to be inspired by the graph to do a similar mapping.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

5. ceoceo

ceoceo Distinguished Member

Story of my life...
    [​IMG]
    (happened last winter)

6. Fuuma

MM didn't design the men's stuff before that and the dude that recently left Margiela (Sébastien) to design Ann's menswear had been doing it for a while. Margiela would sometimes get involved in styling and whatever but he wasn't the main dude. The stuff I read on M on the internet is just rehashed bullshit from people not in the know.

ps: Margiela often wears a beret, true story.

7. skitlets

skitlets Distinguished Member

Drew, LA this weekend or next? Be down to get measured for bball jacket and trousers.

-- nvm, won't be in town for the 31st. Crap.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

8. Fuuma

Yeah Sufu is pretty disappointing now which is too bad because I recently had some sort of inkling to acquire good streetwear or technicalwhateverwear and wanted to see what the coolkids were wearing/styling. What I found was a bunch of 22 y/o college outcasts from Montana who discovered Raf in Jan2012 while listening to Kanye and don't even kop the nice pieces.

9. Fuuma

Barring our other fashion interests and only considering our everyday default look Drew and I basically dress the same/very similar.

I don't really have a collector mindset but I'm the kind of guy that has the Branquinho Momu expo book so it sorta makes sense that I stay interested in some designers for more than a minute.

10. Fuuma

Balenciaga menswear is a total afterthought. Hell if you go to the main boutique during sales there is often a lot of stuff on the rack, some pieces are hyped but I don't think it sells that well and were talking small runs.

11. aether

aether Distinguished Member

validation achieved!

12. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

Boy, I wish I had a couple of hours to kill to read the stuff posted in the last several days. :(

13. KingJulien

KingJulien Distinguished Member

Quote:
    Yeah we talked about this a little in another thread, I kinda retracted my statement a bit. I do like the stuff, though.

14. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Distinguished Member

it's worth it (slow day helps)

15. Fuuma

He also sucks dick and wears Levis with a really tight top block, now you know what should be done...