1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Snowman, why you selling your TOJ? Arms will break in a little with time :(

2. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

They're friends IRL.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Honestly I didn't want to say anything but I don't think that jacket suits Snowman's proportions.

4. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

^agree, body looked really wide/square

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

its not the bicep area or anything, its the actual arm hole that is really too small for me.

its a bit wide, right? dont know if i can help that, i cant size down anymore :eek:

6. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

armholes always start out tight for me too. i've found they loosen very slightly, though no experience with calf. I run into this problem a lot so it's not just toj.

7. snowmanxl

oh yeah i get that a lot too. i size up on shirts because i dont like them touching my pits lol. ocd!
    its that age old dilemma where you take the risk to break it in and if it works, fine. if not then ill have to take a bigger loss :eek:
    clothes came is serious business

8. Magic1

Magic1 Well-Known Member

armhole on my jacket was too high, had to sell it. loved it other than that, but it was just uncomfortable. anyone with a muscular body has to do some serious adjustments to these jackets otherwise they'll be uncomfortable, especially in calf.

9. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Leather weather!!

19 people like this.
  10. johanm

johanm Well-Known Member

It's funny because coming from an MC perspective, the aim is to have the highest possible armholes in order to maximize mobility and minimize the shift of the jacket when you are reaching for stuff. I get bummed out when jacket armholes don't touch my pits.

11. snowmanxl

yeah, i made the exact same comment. this would be perfect if it was a suit. :laugh:

12. GBear

GBear Well-Known Member

Snowman, your jacket is calf? Yeah rough stuff. In hindsight, at least for me, i should've got all of my jackets in lamb except my med whiskey. The high smiles don't bother me at the very slightest and I'm ocd like you. Bball, moto, and mdr all in calf bother me a little but i get over it haha.

13. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

Maybe bigger shoulder and P2P would help relieve higher armholes on the calf jackets? I imagine the arm hole would sit further out. I ordered a calf jacket and added a hair to both, and .1 to the armhole (from my bomber that is)

14. snowmanxl

Yeah, that's what charly suggested (once p2p is a bit bigger you wont need all the space in the armhole)

15. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of the boxy-ness of Snowman's jacket is because its new calf and isn't draping, although I actually feel like the 4-zip mdr configuration maybe emphasizes it - while I love mine, I'm tending to wear it zipped up for this reason.

I think snowman should get a 3-zip or artishard rider in black goat, would look great.

16. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Calf seems like the antithesis of the snow aesthetic... all about flowy fabrics (and hair). Lamb seems like a better match

2 people like this.
  17. just another fool

just another fool Well-Known Member

So i think im going to get a navy qdr. I already have a black lamb 2010 that i love. Is there any reason i should go calf on this one, or just stick with the lamb?

18. ribkin

ribkin Well-Known Member

19. snowmanxl

Y'all are silly :laugh:

I'm sitting on my couch wearing a rick tee under the 4zip as I type this, feels good.

I'm sure Toj lamb is 1000 times thicker than my raf but I like the stiffness of the calf. It still looks nice with my usual stuff. It's a cool juxtaposition between the hardcore calf and more delicate fabrics. But it's all tied together with some sturdy boots. ...Just my own opinion

20. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

you're all wrong. snow should get goat before he gets another lamb lololol