1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. otc

otc Senior member

How about they install some razor cartridges in the back of the jacket so you keep your back hair in check every time you put on/remove the jacket?

2. otc

otc Senior member

My jacket is on a plane (Korean Air flight 37) that lands in 10 hours and 53 minutes.

If it had a window seat, it would have looked like this:
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I've probably done that flight before, I used to fly between Seoul and St Louis two or four times a year for many years and ICN-ORD-STL was a good quick way to get home. As many times as I signed for a KAL flight, I'd end up on an AA codeshare and then maybe catch a JAL plane on the way back that would stop in Tokyo. I feel like I've signed up for KAL many times but only rode with them like 2 or 3 times in my life. haha. So elusive.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Funny. I used to work at the airfield with full access to the domestic and international side. I was tracking a jacket, and the plane landed. I was pretty sure I saw the jacket too, silver wrapped package. I felt like just grabbing it at the moment when it rolled off the conveyor belt from the plane.

5. dePt

dePt Active Member

Tried to get a better color representation with some daylight through my window. Not easy to do it justice, but it looks somewhat close form my monitor. This is olive calf.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: Oh, and the small black spots is water. Just got inside from the rain.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    18 people like this.
  6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

JFC man, that jacket is beautiful. Is olive still available? How many kidneys can I sell?

[​IMG]

7. Fiziks

Fiziks Member

Wow. After seeing that dark brown goat DR Lorcan posted it makes me second guess my choice of black calf MDR. That goat looks divine.

8. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Maybe it is just my screen, but it looks a lot more brown than the olive calf jacket previously posted:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. hakkajai

hakkajai Member

Barely had a chance to wear this! Drapes and fits better with each wear. [​IMG]

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

the real color is like a mix of the two. At least on my Macbook right now.

11. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Dayum, so many nice ToJs lately...Makes me want another. Shame I just bought a Plokhov leather, hard to justify 3 leathers without even a brown pair of boots

12. gong

gong Senior member

It makes me want mine period, it's been getting cool lately so it's always a [​IMG]moment for me.

13. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

This makes me so stoked for my dark brown goat cwu.

14. GMHZ

GMHZ Member

ordered the sand CM... Might get the olive lamb next, I wonder how the color might turn wth a soak

15. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Thought I'd share a couple of pics of my newly arrived A-2. Fit is pretty good but should probably have increased the width at pit more than I did. Arm movement is slightly restricted when I want to put my hand up high. Hopefully it will get a bit better with wear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

personal bias but I don't like normal collars on leathers i.e. collared moto, non ribbed cwu, A-2 without the shearling.

4 people like this.
  17. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

First post here on Styleforum.......No better way to kick off initiation with TOJ [​IMG]. Been a long time follower and I hope the below helps future buyers.
    I'm 5"10.5 with shoes on, 75kg. TOJ1 sz 50 with 23.5 body & 30" sleeves (i'm usually a size 48. Make sure to size up 1 on the TOJ1, which was also recommended by team TOJ)

Hindsight > perhaps 0.5" shorter in the body and add 1" on the sleeves. Because of the MTM nature of TOJ's business, its very easy to get all OCD with measurements in hopes for the perfect fit. As such, I contemplated whether to sell my TOJ1 just for an inch here and there. But all I needed was a good slap across the head to knock some sense in me (courtesy of wife) to stop sweatin the small stuff.

This is my first TOJ purchase and it won't be my last. I went for little to no stacking on the sleeves as I was worried of the excess leather on sleeves look. It may not appear on the pics but it feels like the sleeves 'just' made it to the wrist break. Silly risk on my part because any shorter, it definitely would have been too short. The varsity style is forgiving and its best to add an extra inch. In fact, I wonder how many times Charlie has read similar posts to mine and said to himself "I TOLD YOU SO!!!". Charlie's recommendations were in fact closer to my hindsight analysis.

Black MDR awaits (lets go team TOJ), which i'm extremely nervous about. Why???....because I tweaked some of TOJ's sizing recommendations and I can't stop thinking that I should trusted their experience.

My TOJ wish list - TOJ 2.3 DR & A2 repro (similar to the old 2.2 bomber).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. otc

otc Senior member

The secretary working this evening just called me and was like "what the heck did you order from korea" and I got real excited...

but when she described the package I realized it was just my replacement monitor (which is not quite as exciting) which I had returned to korea.

1 person likes this.
  19. PDinh

PDinh Senior member