• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Smilefortress

Reaction score
If the collared moto is boring you to death, maybe you should remake it? I would love to buy another one that fits even better in the near future. (Buy mine someone: http://www.styleforum.net/t/281076/toj-brown-collared-moto-48-for-sale)

I appreciate every style that you make and would buy all of them if I had the money, but I believe many people are searching for the "perfect" leather jacket and for me, the collared moto has the swag of the MDR mixed with the relaxed look of a bomber. Also fits me since I'm pretty young (23) and skinny. Will definitely buy a bomber when I get older - I don't feel like I can pull it off yet. Maybe if it was more minimalistic, without buttons on the pockets like the old one.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offfering a lamb or calf option for the bball would be great for people who live in different climates to have different options

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drew, what leather do you recommend me to buy for this DIY project.

i want it to be stiff instead of slouchy (take that how you want lol)

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Cow suede and lamb suede are two different worlds. I don't know of many who've bought both that could attest, but the lamb suede is very fine, very light. The cow suede is 'suede' as we mostly know it.

i get closer and closer to that light green t-3....doesn't seem like an around-the-world jacket, though. Not that you couldn't wear it for 4 seasons in the right spots, but could you thrash it the same as a rider? I'm not super meticulous about my clothing or anything like that (mostly the opposite), but still, I'm not about to wear the suede jacket I have out into a thunderstorm, and it probably wouldn't be the One Jacket I brought on an extended trip. Just some thoughts. I did some googling on DIY waxed suede (for a black t1), but most people seem to be concerned with getting wax OFF of suede. :(

Last edited:

singh02

Reaction score

If the collared moto is boring you to death, maybe you should remake it? I would love to buy another one that fits even better in the near future. (Buy mine someone: http://www.styleforum.net/t/281076/toj-brown-collared-moto-48-for-sale)
I appreciate every style that you make and would buy all of them if I had the money, but I believe many people are searching for the "perfect" leather jacket and for me, the collared moto has the swag of the MDR mixed with the relaxed look of a bomber. Also fits me since I'm pretty young (23) and skinny. Will definitely buy a bomber when I get older - I don't feel like I can pull it off yet. Maybe if it was more minimalistic, without buttons on the pockets like the old one.

I kind of agree with both Drew and the above poster, and the CM hasn't put me over the edge to buy yet. I'm in my late 20s and I don't think i can pull off an MDR in 5 years so I'm deciding between the CM or bomber.

Any upcoming changes on the bomber? The current one looks awesome in brown, but in black lamb I'm hoping for something sleeker, with no pocket buttons, and smaller side pockets. Something similar to the 2010 bomber.

Last edited:

dibango

Reaction score

i get closer and closer to that light green t-3....doesn't seem like an around-the-world jacket, though. Not that you couldn't wear it for 4 seasons in the right spots, but could you thrash it the same as a rider? I'm not super meticulous about my clothing or anything like that (mostly the opposite), but still, I'm not about to wear the suede jacket I have out into a thunderstorm, and it probably wouldn't be the One Jacket I brought on an extended trip. Just some thoughts. I did some googling on DIY waxed suede (for a black t1), but most people seem to be concerned with getting wax OFF of suede. :(

Fjallraven Greenland Wax for re-proofing it.

Sno seal (beeswax) for getting that "rough-out" finish. It's pretty greasy stuff, so be gentle.

Last edited:

bakatora

Reaction score

Cow suede and lamb suede are two different worlds. I don't know of many who've bought both that could attest, but the lamb suede is very fine, very light. The cow suede is 'suede' as we mostly know it.

calf suede is slightly hairy, much heavier - lamb suede is butter smooth, like velvet. Ultra lightweight too.

i happen to have both and can say that if choosing between the two there's no question i'd pick lamb suede. my bball is heavy compared to my a-1 and suede harrington partly because of the lining on the bball, but the calf suede is definitely beefy. i'm a naturally warm person so i prefer lighter jackets, but if you haven't experienced toj lamb suede, you're seriously missing out. it's luxe as **** and the ladies love it. the only downside is sometimes i catch myself starting to hug myself in public when i'm wearing it. :satisfied:

buran

Reaction score
fit pics of my toj1:
zdH6j.jpg

Nothing really new below, and a bit rambely.
I got it at the very end of 2011. I thought it was difficult to chose between the toj1 and bbal. I went with the toj1 because I'm to unsure of having a suede jacket in a wet climate. Of course you can have both but there needs to be a first.

I've gotten a lot of wear out of it so far and I'm pleased that I bought it. Also very happy that I could add length to it. Compared to having to chose a different sweater every day it makes it very easy to get dressed, easy personal uniform. Nothing

Varsity side is cool. I like that it's a zipper, I think it makes a very clean front. You can kind of tell from the pics, I've got two lines going to the pit from the shoulder, my arms aren't that wide. The pits feel high. The leather is very soft, as mentioned before people do a double take with their hands if they touch it. The ribbing is thick and feels very good on my wrists. I regret choosing solid lining for two reasons, but I'm not sure how different things would be if I had gone with camo, would be great with input from others here. Firstly it picks up lint and dust like nothing else. It may be that the rest of my clothing is low quality and of short fibers. If I've worn a white t like I often do I can't really switch to bomber side in an instant. Secondly is that I've got these weird zeebra stripes that match the combs and stacks of the leather. Pic below. I think it's from the leather and not my skin, does not look dope or sick. This has made me treat the toj1 like a one sided jacket, only varsity. Still very nice, and the bomber pockets are huge inside pockets, very useful.

stripes:
uPPAZ.jpg

I think if ordering a varsity again I'd consider jason bourne or black/white too. I'm not keen on snaps, would like heavy zipper or buttons. Would be really cool with suede body instead of wool, could go for gray suede body, black set-in-sleeves and zipped front, smooth lining. Still concerned about rain. Others have mentioned crazy fabrics, would like to see sealskin body, Great Greenland sells it. It would probably be too expensive and too difficult to wear for me though, so useless point. In terms of buying another varsity I don't think I'd be able to justify it if it wasn't a different weight/warmth, that's why I'm hoping for a ma-1 or harrington.

Last edited:

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"17:56 17-Mar-2012Handed over to CustomsUSLAXA
Customs retention reason : Other"
Noooooooooooooooo
cloud.gif

bakatora

Reaction score
^lol don't worry man, happens to everyones order. usually released within 24 hours. when that's happened to me (san francisco customs branch) it's released anywhere between 35 minutes and 24 hours

mike1445

Reaction score
Would a MTM bball be a possibility? Ordered a 54 before but to no avail. Would pay MTM price. Weight was nice on the calf but I understand how you thought it was too much esp at the buttons, they needed a 1/4 inch of thread just to get through the holes.

Not a fan of the cm either, kinda dad-ish imho. Bomber or classic moto would be my first choices.

Hataraki_man

Reaction score
Warning: Dad-ish

fooling around with a camera today and managed a few decent pics

sunning:

worn:

3 months of light wear, no conditioning

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
looks awesome

I personally very much prefer the no condition similar to synthese and how Drew lets on about wearing the jacket slowly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads