Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Went to a fashion school final presentation/graduation type thing today, was just a weekend class thing and less traditional than your normal arts college fashion school show, but it was interesting. Was interesting to watch and I learned a few new things about myself and my work that I didn't really know before. :eek:

2. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I have dat blacked out MDR, wonder if it was easy/advisable to remove the blackening from the hardware? Thinking I wanna change it up a bit, and the metal underneath the black treating is a beautiful color

How would I do this?

3. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

When I think about the TOJ varsity, the first thing that pops up is that iconic image of that red toj0 on the rooftop. It's the strong shoulder and the colourway. It's the sort of thing that you need to be young (or at least young at heart) and cocky to wear. And that's awesome.

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I think the look of the latest varsity incarnation is basically perfect, though as someone suggested previously instead of reversible I'd prefer the standard sateen lining. Although when you mentioned something weird/edgy for the new varsity that definitely piqued my interest. Can't imagine what that might mean though. lol

5. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

^What I feel too. That strong squared off shoulder that IMO is hard to get with a raglan(which still looks good), but that shoulder and the long arms is something else. But I personally want something in all black, buttons instead of zippers, and set in sleeves. I think I'd wear it with trousers more than denim.

6. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

i'm hoping for a sateen lining on the next iteration also. i grab my toj0ae more than my toj1 because of this. :p just prefer the way it feels on my skin and i like lighter jackets.

7. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Tried to dream up a couple things, zipped cuffs, t3-like vertical seams down to ribbing or asymmetric zip/snap but they just seem like the contrived riffs on a classic.

i like the more understated colorways, current gen black/black with digi camo liner was just a simple badass look and will be tough to beat. for colors I like the gingham or oxford lining from the toj0/bball over the sateen, looks wise, and i like a maroon or navy body with tan sleeves though, maybe a little plain/preppy.

what about going back to the set-in sleeve with a glen plaid, houndstooth or herringbone wool? might be more of a winter cut for fw12.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

8. Beeper

Beeper Member

Would love to see a return of the Toj0 style varsity. Potentially with a zip option as well as buttons. Although the Toj1 is amazing for some reason I though I just prefer the set-in sleeves as opposed to the raglan.

Also, would definitely cop a suede baseball if they became available - hopefully out of a lighter weight suede if possible. The last one was fantastic, but a bit heavy for the summer months. I think blue was my favourite colour of the last version. Again, choice of zip or buttons for this might be a good option too. Saying that a zip option might look a bit like a bomber jacket, but that might be cool too.

9. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

I think maybe a shawl collar option or full suede varsity would be cool.

10. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

summer-ish toj0 would be great. have to sell my toj1 due to its thickness.

11. PPS

PPS Active Member

Collared varsity with hidden snaps on the collar would be nice. use the AE pattern with it because Thats the nicest imo, maybe tweak it a bit...

12. Samir

Samir Senior member

As far as non-standard ideas go, I saw a varsity with toggles that looked pretty good. The rest of the jacket was nowhere near the quality of ToJ, but the toggles were a feature that stood out and looked solid.

13. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

HAHAHA at willy for giving thumbs up for that comment

It sounds boring but solid fit+high quality material+muted (Because I hate the word timeless) details = Traditional ToJ.
    Honestly even a remaking of ToJ0 would work for me.
    Although We can use some ToJ Logo on our chest :slayer:

5zip Varsity?

14. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Did I post this one yet? Olive lambskin harrington

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. Samir

Samir Senior member

I'm not saying toggles would be a popular option (I'd prefer buttons myself, baseball jacket's setup looks perfect), but it's definitely different... just trying to throw out ideas that fit his quote of "I want to make something crazy".