Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior Member

Camo bball. Floral bball.

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Distinguished Member

kinda spitting into the wind here but I think a red calf suede bball would be amazing :embar:

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

i dont see why it wouldnt :slayer:

4. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior Member

I would probably size up one or two with the baseball jacket. Love raglan sleeves.

Size up 4 or 5 and wear it with the size 40 jeans/velour track pants with some Wallabees or Timberlands. On that Ghostface/Pretty Toney shit.

5. GSafternoon

GSafternoon Well-Known Member

Any successful creations with the waxed cotton?

6. kevin305

kevin305 Member

@nineohtoo

That fishtail fit is incredible. On a side note, could you tell me what those boots are? Really fond of them.

7. demonsblood

demonsblood Senior Member

@Drew

Today I saw some dude wearing a pretty sick Varsity jacket, it had something like a blue body (maybe denim or probably some kinda dark blue suede) and the set-in sleeves were dark brown suede. It was VERY nice and eye-catching! :slayer: props to that dude!

8. chiggah

chiggah Senior Member

Could it be this one here ? I'm feeling that colorway too

http://www.selectism.com/news/2008/12/24/whyred-harvey-jacket/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

9. smashwindow

smashwindow Distinguished Member

Got my tracking number today. My first TOJ. A-1 Brown Lamb (not suede)

[​IMG]

10. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior Member

Thanks. They're Common Projects Distressed Officer Boots. Good luck finding a pair, it took me about two months before another one came up for sale in my size. I know there was a larger one recently though. Totally worth the wait though as I think they go great with the fishtail and A2.
    Shit. How soon is soon? I think a varsity might be my next order until we see other pants. I'm still interested in seeing you're take on denim and chinos, and if the trousers are as great as you claim they'll be, I'm gonna need another pair. Also, and updates on leather goods? My money clip keeps sliding out of my coin pocket, so I'm thinking of getting a small CDG zip wallet this weekend if there are any black ones left in the city. Seems like everywhere online sold out.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

11. Dellath

Dellath Senior Member

No drastic changes to my VTG MDR, but these two texture and evo pics display the subtle evolution since my last picture up date. Black markings are forming around the accordions from wear and the colour of the whole jacket is becoming a lot richer. The biggest surprise is the texture of the leather is really coming through and becoming less uniform, plus you can almost start seeing the what seems like freckles from exposure to the sun. This is one of those jackets that becomes more interesting the closer you get your eyes to it.

Drew has the pick up for the VTG been big? If not it should be because these jackets are something special, and who know if anyone will ever get a chance to own something like this in the future.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Distinguished Member

tan bball is fug :fu:

I'd love a blue, red, gray, bball :inlove:

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

wow dude, I never guessed they'd get that dark so quickly. I was figuring most of them would sit in a golden blonde state and then eventually pick up dirty highlights on the raised areas. Yours is getting to be a really sexy color, like a baseball glove.

We haven't made many of those VTG's, and I'm satisfied with that the way it is, they are a bit laborious to make because of the leather, and then they go off in a different direction when it comes to first appearances, they're not the out of the box sex machines that the black lamb staple TOJ's are... so I worry about getting people to understand, and that's fine I guess. I'm usually on here trying to answer the legitimate comments and questions, but you know how half of this thread tends to be...

Anyway, I salute you. That is some damn fine work on that jacket. It's pretty seasoned up looking now, I'd enjoy it as-is and only give it limited sunning.

14. impolyt_one

Talk to me about varsity jackets again dudes. Just curious to see what you are looking for, and what you think I am making, gonna reconcile some thoughts here maybe.

15. impolyt_one

yes, still working on that project. They need to be beyond perfect before anybody sees them, so that is a project that will require time and money.