TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I don't know, but it's pretty standard weight for a basic black gabardine. I want to say it's 3 season weight? Like I said we had taken a Dior Homme basic suit and a Raf basic suit down to the market to use as a baseline for the fabric and the black gab we chose is pretty close, close enough that the TOJ's could sub for the pants in those suits pretty much. Texture and finish, weight, very similar. We bought it in Korea but it's imported Japanese 100% wool.

2. impolyt_one

BTW these things would look sexy as fuck on you, Nil.

3. Nil

Nil Senior member

I know. Soon as my refund goes through on an ill advised purchase from an online retailer goes through, I'm going to cop. That, and I think a black 2010 DR. Like 60/40 between that and the MDR, but I think the "busyness" of the 2010 fits me better.

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Stay overnight at Tsukiji, there's good, reasonably priced lodging in the area and it's worth being right there when the market opens

5. impolyt_one

I feel like I should make a 2010 DR variation that goes between the 2010 and the MDR, go right up the middle on that one. I know how it'd look, it'd be like the yin to the artishard rider's yang....

6. Nil

Nil Senior member

Huh... I'm intrigued and I'm pretty sure it's not just the alcohol talking. What features are you envisioning for it?

7. impolyt_one

Kinda came flashing across my mind just now, but where the artishard rider is the MDR with the rounded hem of the 2010 DR, no buckles - the yin would be the 2010 DR, no buckles, MDR straight banded hem, MDR convertible cuffs. Somebody should photoshop this, I elect artishard. :eek:

artishard rider - 3-zip front
    new hybridized model - 4-zip front

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

That does sound pretty damn cool. I dig the scalloped hem of the 2010 though. Jackets with that cut just ooze sexiness to me. I have a MMM bomber with it and it's the shit.

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Can someone post the Artishard rider??

10. Nil

Nil Senior member

[​IMG]

Photoshopped version. Now that I look at it.... it's like 55/45 2010 to artishard instead of the MDR.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

11. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

so if i've read the past couple pages correctly, you're also coming out with a looser-fitting, non pleated version of these trousers at a later, unannounced date? is that right?

12. impolyt_one

correct. 'looser fitting' would be a bit of a stretch, they will still be slim. I don't really feel like I need to go too big with these things, there are plenty of trousers out there with 'normal' fits - i feel like that's a genre well-addressed.

13. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

honestly, the measurements for the slimmer one you have posted sounds great for bigger guys (big thigh, reasonable rise)
    not too sure why you wanna make a "not-so-slim" cut again.

14. IronKnochs

IronKnochs Senior member

[​IMG]

I expect this'd look gorgeous.

I'm actually in the same situation as that other guy who posted, can't decide between a DR and a MDR.

I'd totally buy this.

15. impolyt_one

well, the top block would be mostly the same (reconfigured with a proper belted waistband) but I feel the taper on the slims is pretty sharp, so at least the hem could be punched out a tad. As it is now, the taper is very modern looking, not for some people's tastes maybe. I also don't want people getting the impression that the Slims are that big, they are very precisely cut and pretty narrow. People will have to see to find out, but I feel they're what many are after in a slim trouser. There are boring trousers out there, and then there are these.

As for the patterning and the measurements, I will say this again - the back panels are shaped to accomodate your ass, so the thigh measurement includes some of that. The back panels are wider than the front of the legs and so the thigh measurement seems roomy - it's not that big though. It works with the taper. Anyway, the cut is slightly articulated.

I want people to know, most of all, I'm not reinventing any measuring methods - so don't worry about that. If you've ever measured pants before, then you're doing it the same way as me. On the other hand, I posted the raw measurements so that you know what to expect - they are not vanity sized jeans where you just guess your size, or try to figure out the hip based on a guess of the waist. There's no need for that. The measurements are here and all you have to do is measure where they're going to contact your body. It's very simple really, just one measurement, maybe two if you want to compare to some pants with a waistband you feel is comfortable and hits at the hips. Check my fit pics for an idea of the rise.