Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

oh, we're at that point - I just didn't mention that part, I thought it was a given. :eek:

2. istasi

istasi Senior member

EDIT: Nvm, realized it's already been asked.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Nice, thanks for the thorough response. Looks like I'll be getting a 32. If I'm understanding correctly, the pants will measure 32 stretched but probably rest a touch smaller than that. Charly taking orders for these already?

4. krayzeez

krayzeez Senior member

I can't agree more about DTF being overrated. I've only had the one in California once and I never want to go back. Regular dumplings for an expensive price. Although people say the one in taiwan is really good and different.

5. 89andy

89andy Senior member

Yep went to the one in Seattle and it pretty much sucked balls compared to any type of shanghai food in Vancouver, Canada. You just can't expect white people to make proper chinese food, it just never works.

6. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

Dude has a house about 30 minutes from where i live...RIP

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Awesome, thank you for the HK info
    Looking forward to it, really enjoyed it last time I was there, now I just wanna eat

8. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

Gonna be in Tokyo March 28 - April 4.. couple questions...

Any good places to for dinner in Shiodome? Was thinking of so/ra/ri/o in Caretta...

Also, planning to see the Sakura in Nakameguro... what time should I go? Gonna bring booze too as that's what everyone told me to do

Would anyone recommend any specific kaiten sushi? Personally not too big on the whole baller status 20000-40000Y sushi meals... need to save some money for shopping haha

oh ya, and where are the good new shopping spots? I've been to Tokyo before in 2010... Is it still mainly Harajuku/Aoyama?

9. impolyt_one

lol, that is the same day I'm leaving to go to America for a bit.

Why does it have to be dinner in Shiodome? Plenty of stuff near Shiodome, but Shiodome itself is kind of boring and shuts down at night. It's either high-end hotel restaurants or super low end stuff around Shinbashi, Hamamatsu-cho and Daimon, salaryman type stuff. Tsukiji is next to Shiodome basically, and Azabujuban and Roppongi are just down the street, might as well go there for food. More choices and better quality.

Skip the kaiten sushi and get up and have early morning sushi at Tsukiji instead. Kaiten sushi is worse than McDonald's.

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Come visit Minnesota where it's still snowing. Not 2010 freak snow but annoyingly persistent snow

11. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

ahhh alright... i already got a tsukiji trip planned... have you seen the tuna auctions? is it worth getting up extra early? I'll probably need to take a cab there (from Shinjuku) since the subways don't run that early (need to be there by 5 I've heard...)

I've got a dinner planned at gonpachi (probably THE most tourist-y shit you can do there... i know...)

anything to be done in Ebisu? How about Daikanyama?

12. impolyt_one

ceoceo, I think I'll pass.

Gonpachi is cool, worth some pics at least. Don't kill too much time there, there's a lot of cool things to eat and drink in Nishiazabu. Can walk from Nishiazabu to Roppongi, Aoyama, or Hiroo too, all are adjacent. From Aoyama kotto-dori (and all the fashion shops down there) you could get to Gonpachi (the crossing at Gaien higashi-dori and Roppongi dori) in like 10-15 minutes on foot.

Don't take a cab from Shinjuku to Tsukiji, it'll be multiples of what the meal costs, easily a $50 or more cab fare. Figure out how to either stay up til 5, or there's probably a first train or something. There's sushi all day down there though, don't have to go to the two or three early morning places if you can't make it that early. It's a food market, so there's food all over.
    Ebisu and Daikanyama have a bunch of stuff, lots of shopping, and walking around Daikanyama is nice. Supreme is down the street from Lift Etage with all the gothninja stuff and APC is between, there's a mix of clothes. So if Daikanyama is more about shopping, Ebisu has the food. I go down to eat in Ebisu often, lots of cheap/mid priced food and beer. You could check out Ebisu Yokocho, it's like a cleaned-up indoor version of an old yokocho alley with yatai stalls for eating and drinking. It's a couple blocks down from the station.

13. impolyt_one

oh yeah, you gotta get a Tokyo hamburger, best hamburgers in the world right now by far. They make all the new American craft burgers seem like a ripoff. Blacows in Ebisu is the best - Maison Kayser collabo bun, 100% kuroge wagyu patties, and then a bunch of toppings, hand leafed lettuce, yada yada. I skip the homemade tartar sauce though.

14. impolyt_one

Checking last night's activity, looks like we got some people on board with the trousers. Excited about this because they're going to really impress. They took awhile to put out, but it will be well worth it. They're well and truly ready. I'm looking in Japan for additional fabrics to add so that we have more than 3 color choices. I'd be down to add glen plaid and things like that if I can find a suitable material for a good price.

15. Nil

Nil Senior member

What's the weight of the black fabric for the trousers?