1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Yeah, wouldn't mind a return of the suede varsity. Think a purple suede body with arms in navy leather would look really nice.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Do not recommend black suede, black suede is a hard material to pull off IMO. The T-1 works in it as it doesn't really come off as a leather jacket, but as far as leather jackets go, black leather vs black suede isn't even a question. Black leather, lamb to be specific. It never lets anyone down and it's what we've made our name on for a reason.

3. Naka

Naka Senior member

Any word on future changes to the peacoat? I'm going to be ordering one soon for Winter down here, but I just want to be sure I don't order one only to have a more refined iteration come out a month later :fu:

Southern Hemisphere Edition:

[​IMG]

4. impolyt_one

peacoat isn't gonna change for Australia man, lol. It hasn't really changed for 3 versions....

5. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

Um, if you live in Brizzie I think you won't ever need to use the peacoat. I live in Sydney and have only had to wear a sweater/turtleneck under my DR a single month out of the year during a cold snap. You'd be better off with a bomber I think.

6. Naka

Naka Senior member

Hahaha I didn't mean I wanted it to change JUST FOR ME, just wasn't sure what was going on with all of the upcoming changes. Thankyou for the heads up.

I was hoping I could get away with it, that peacoat looks so damn fine. Thanks for the info anyway Nereis.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  7. impolyt_one

Some rough photos of the slim trousers, still trying to get a clear day with some light for these things... wish I had a donk and a colabear-approved cockbulge to really fill these pants out and show the shape better, but this will have to do...

front and side:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the details at the hip and the pleat:
    [​IMG]

These things have been a real pain in the ass to photograph, not only because they're black, but also because all things I'd like noticed about them just don't come out on camera, whether it's the fit or the handwork on the interior (also all-black)...

Anyway, as you can see, they're pretty slim. that's a 6.9" hem, about 16.25" across the waistband laid flat in the sample; they're meant to be worn about where you would wear jeans or just a tad higher, like a little below the hip bones - so the waist on these will measure a bit more than your true waist, and not correspond with any jean sizes or anything - you just have to measure your hips around.

8. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Looks nice, looking forward to measurements so I can see if they will fit me.

9. Razele

Razele Senior member

Drew those are stunning

Hot damn

10. impolyt_one

can't really see much, I know - I'll try to get some better photos if I can get some light on the subject. The pleats turn into seams about 2" from the top, and are closed around the waist. The sides have tabs with buttons, and the elastic is all internal and hidden, so I can't really indicate that in pics. The rest of the details are pretty straightforward 'trouser' stuff but they really do need to be seen to be believed. Unbelievable for $200, that's less than what I paid for these pants as I was making them for myself through tailors long before TOJ even existed.

11. Naka

Naka Senior member

From what I can see from that the fit looks great. Details on the buttons and the handwork? The price point is fantastic, looking forward to photos with better lighting.

12. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

Business casual just went to the next level. That outfit plus a black lamb leather... would be the quintessential TOJ 'look' I feel.

13. impolyt_one

I actually have had the sample pants for a couple years, those pictured are new but we had made the same thing and they botched the details and so we never released them til now... but I wore the samples out to eat quite often, as I mentioned - I wore the same thing as you see and then just a knit over the shirt, like my Jil cloverneck sweater - and that's because the pants are an unabashed knockoff of some Jil Sander/Raf trousers I had and wore into the ground, but I've adjusted some of the dimensions to be more realistic, changed some of the detailing, redone the fabric to be more durable than the Jils (they were cotton wool blend, the originals) and then added the elastic band to completely transform the functionality - but the fit should be seen as such, that's where they slot in basically. They're definitely not for everyone, definitely not for the guys with 28" thighs, they're for slim builds and they're meant to be a pair of fashionably slim trousers that are interesting but aren't so overpoweringly exaggerated either. They should easily complement other slim dress clothes in your wardrobe that you already have.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  14. impolyt_one

I will say though, that these things are go-to - the elastic is definitely not a gimmick, you can appreciate it on the first wear but will every single time you wear them as well. Once the TOJ trousers are understood, all your other pants are irrelevant.

15. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Was just going to say they look like jil/raf pants, but with a better shape to them. Gonna be worth the $200 to see if I'm slim enough for them