TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ I'm assuming this doesn't change anything for orders already placed...?

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

only the 2010 DR then, correct?

3. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Thanks for the reply on the trousers Drew. Are both pleated and non pleated gonna be available at the same time?

Also, someone buy my bomber so I can buy more TOJ without dipping into my checking account. It'll make figuring out how to afford clothes, Coachella and Mexico next month easier lol.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

does not

all jackets, but we still have a few antique zipper sets left. The changeover will be announced later when I have a sample to show.

The slim pattern are pleated and beltless, the 'less slim' (lol) are not pleated or beltless, they're coming later. They're completely different things, so one probably won't find themselves cross-comparing the two or anything like that. The slims should reach out to anybody who has wanted a nice pair of slim (I'm talking high fashion level slim) pants, whereas the the belted pair are going to be more boring in comparison.

5. aether

aether Senior member

seriously

you think the bottom zipper is over used, drew? it can aways be worn down, but its nice to have that option to unzip it a little. you know, show a little flash of the layers underneath.

i can't believe they don't make two-ways with brighter teeth..

with that said, I better pay you for that one I wanted before its gone!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  6. ctbomber

ctbomber Well-Known Member

Dang this sucks... Double zip was one of my favorite parts of my MDR. I sized it too big since it was my first order. Might have to throw it on B&S and order a new one while they still have the old zips in stock.

7. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I thought (and I was taught by my crazy rider uncle) that double zip's purpose was to make it not bunch up when riding bike, and in case of high waist pants at old times easier to pee?
    It was a nice little detail but I guess taking it away also has its advantage of looking cleaner

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Bicycling with my VTG is only possible with the double zip. But as Drew says, it's a moot point.

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

We have a pretty good stock of the newer silver zippers so I'm looking forward to using them too, they'll look fresh and they'll be there for us. The antiques we had to keep ordering from Japan and they took from 5-10 weeks to arrive, it is a royal pain the ass, sometimes delaying jackets. I am not sure if there are any black sets left, but if they're gone, those are gone - can't afford to re-order them and let them sit like those ones did. We only ordered like 25 sets and they lasted like a year and a half.

You guys gotta not worry about the changes, things get changed for improvements only. The more of these clothes I make, the more I know about how I want them to come out - the art is in the directive at this point, the execution is always standard.

BTW, don't pm me with zipper questions or discussion, I don't want to talk about zippers with you people on an intimate basis, unless you represent Riri S.p.A, Lampo, or YKK :eek:

10. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

11. Kross

Kross Senior member

^haha

I for one was love the idea of not having the bottom zipper anymore, I think its a good move. Will probably place an order for a mdr around June :D

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Well :fu: like the double zips, but also like the bright zip color on leathers... :fu: also don't wanna reset my order :embar:

13. acularw

acularw Senior member

I am looking at getting an MDR as my first TOJ purchase. Right now I am torn between black and medium gray. What does everyone else think?

I like the look of the medium gray but I think the black might be more classic and versatile...

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

15. Shryke

Shryke Senior member

Vote for medium grey. This is mine - I find it incredibly versatile, and the quality of the leather really comes through in this colour.

[​IMG]