Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Gbear:

Must do photo opt with whiskey ToJ jacket and Indigo Duck Pants. Asian bros unite!

2. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

VTG update:
    [​IMG]

People ask about it. A lot. People also call it "the pink jacket," which is, well--from some angles, I guess it looks pink.

[​IMG]

It's more "tan" and less "pink" than that in real life. This next detail shot may be the most accurate color portrayal I've managed.

[​IMG]

3. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

^ Do it!

Six weeks on my fishtail and it's pretty cold. I think i was shivering most of the weekend but that might be due to how much alcohol i consumed as opposed to the weather :( Hope I get that tracking number this week.

Any trouser updates?

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

some serious 70s drug dealer swag in the first pic. reminds me of blow. reminds me of johnny depp in blow.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

lookin good. I like the slow and steady approach on those VTG's, I feel like an amber'ish honey color will be just right, I kinda prefer the lighter look.

6. impolyt_one

Haven't posted prices on those, but I guess I can - they're the same price as all other lamb leather jackets, $735. They're pretty lightweight though, so a Spring/Summer/Fall affair. I'd be able to wear the lamb suede in the middle of summer in most places, it's that light. Would look cool with shorts.

I'm trying to get some pics of the TOJ slim trousers up, bear with me. I am not the best pants model, but it's looking like I'm all I've got here. Will put them up this week with a size chart.

Pants are $200; choices for now are black gabardine, navy gabardine, and then a light grey melange lightweight flannel. They're lined to the knee, so they feel pretty nice, look sharp and structured.

Other new stuff is coming, but the leathers won't really see major changes. I might add some new styles and variations, but we're coming into some maturity with the designs and most will continue as is - the Min. DR and QDR, those don't really need anything. The Moto and Collared Moto, nothing either. Might change the inner zipper flap on the CM to be squared off, that's it.
    We're gonna have a new zipper option or move entirely over to silver colored YKK's with classic rider's jacket beaded pulls that are slightly smaller than the ones we use now, and then use one-ways up the front I think since there are no two's in that finish, and also I'm kinda against the two-way zipper thing anyway - I feel that bottom pull gets used way too often and doesn't really help the worn look of the jacket. I want a different look, we've had the same zippers since the beginning and I'm into the brighter zips on the leather. We can also do brown taping with the new zips and lighter brown tape on a darker black or the super dark brown goatskin looks really cool, like a vintage style jacket. It's a new update.

7. FrankieGT

FrankieGT Active Member

any updates on the new varsy?

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Wow, no more double-zips! Personally I couldn't wear my jacket happily without it.

I'm really interested in the suede piece, not sure if I could work it in but I'm excited to see more pics of it.

9. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

No more anodized black zips? :fu:

10. kasakka

kasakka Senior member

I've seen a few photos of what seemed to be a combination of the MDR and QDR, with a general MDR look just with the quilting added in. Is that a custom feature that's going to cost extra? Wouldn't mind a navy quilted MDR.

11. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

it's more of a powder coat than anodizing.

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

this. i dont have a toj leather but ive got a varsity and a few other jackets... unbuttoning the bottom button/unzipping the bottom allows for a more comfortable jacket imo

13. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Yeah it's nice when you sit down

14. GBear

GBear Senior member

Oh definitely, the second zip is great when sitting.

Lol! My thoughts exactly once I get them in and hemmed. :slayer:

15. impolyt_one

Well, the point is moot - there are no two-way zips in the silver color I want to use. I also kinda cringe at a lot of fit pics where the bottom zipper pull is done up - it always looks contrived, unnatural - like wearing a button up shirt with the top two undone and the bottom three undone. Functionally, two ways are more fiddly than a regular one-way, going to move to the one ways because they work better and present the better look.