1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

I wear armored motorcycle leather most of the year so I suppose it's relatively comfortable. The lining, though, is objectively awesome. Extremely smooth and it's got that lovely "cooled" effect when slid on.

It looks to me like the bottle green is a more saturated hue, which I guess can make it look darker. The earthiness of olive definitely lends itself to the darker, more understated side of things.

2. dePt

dePt Active Member

I don't suppose you have a decent camera at hand? I'd love to get a good look at that olive green. :D

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

What do you mean by saturated hue

I ordered bottle green bc I was hoping it'd be darker than olive, something near black

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

bottle green indoors is pretty dark. it's like a black leather jacket but you're in the matrix and there is this green tint.

outside with some light, it's pretty green. you can't mistake it for black.

5. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

Mo green in your green, basically. Olive's a murky mix of greens, greys, browns, etc.

6. istasi

istasi Senior member

For those who have sold TOJ's, best carrier/way to ship?

3 people like this.
  7. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

8. Wade

Wade Senior member

...Use whatever you usually use.
    I've shipped them in mostly USPS Medium Flat Rate Priority Boxes

9. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Got my TOJ Trousers in black yesterday. Huge thanks to Charly and Dan for great service.

Initially ordered them in a size 35 but then changed to a 34 when I realized I would wear them higher than jeans. Very glad I did, because the fit is perfect.
    Really like the the long rise. Looks very cool and sets them apart from the #menswear formal pants look (Incotex with 9" rise, for instance).
    Tapers down to a 7" hem on the size 34. For your reference, I wear 32 in all Uniqlo pants besides the skinny jeans and a 31 in twill APC PS and 30 in raw PS.

This might be a dumb question, but at what length are these intended to be hemmed? I recently hemmed some trousers to hit just above the ankle, sorta semi-cropped, but that would be a bit too short on these, right?

Edit: Fit pics up in the coming days

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  10. candrew

candrew Senior member

Whoa this is where my BBall would go? Okay, yeah I'm retracting my deal then. BBall needs to go where it's loved.

6 people like this.
  11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

What's it look like outside vs inside

13. 1969

1969 Senior member

I believe Drew said these could work with break, no break, cropped or even hemmed to a short.

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

yes, just decide what you feel looks best. there are no rules for hemming.

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

also, all the pants ordered from release til deadline were completed and sent. Since a lot of people were waiting on the first pair to see what their size was and how the fit is and then we decided to go on break, I am thinking of allowing the pants to be continued as that can be done without affecting the production of the jackets. The only stipulation is, there is nobody in the store right now essentially, Charly is on vacation. Therefore, no sizing questions will be answered via email; if you are a 'pants-owner' then feel free to continue your order in the other colors (or size up/down) if you were interested. There have been no payments in the paypal for almost two months so just send an email saying you want 'color/size' in the pants and send a payment and we'll have them in as always. From today, Dan is taking a trip but previous jacket production is still working, so the pants as new orders will take a little over a month. Just a caveat.

2 people like this.
  16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Charly told me for three weeks all he did was wake up answer emails shit eat and sleep. Definitely deserves a break

17. That's great news. I'm with conceptionist though, I definitely could have sized down one. Will put in an order soon for black or grey...

18. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

YES

3 people like this.
  19. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Really good news... The whole thing about the jackets and pants being prepared at two different factories had crossed my mind earlier, and I wanted to ask if this was a possibility. So guys who don't already own a pair of these pants can throw in an order for a pair? How long do you think that you will be accepting orders for them?

Waffled on buying a pair before the cut-off since I wasn't sure how they'd look on a short dude like me (5'6" - 5'7") and I wanted to hold out for a possible last minute chino release. :embar:

20. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

11 weeks and 7 weeks on a baseball and ToJ1...seems the bottle neck did not pass after all :cloud: