TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. APK

APK Senior member

How about a couple shades darker?

2. Donut

Donut Senior member

3. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Re: ribbed collar on CWU-45 - basically the same as the baseball jacket and co. ?

4. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Nice to see the MA-1 love Drew. Searching for an alternative to a BR MA-1 was the reason why I found your stuff in the first place.

Nice to know about it being Dior inspired, but it's still just a suede M-65. The remake comment can even be said about the CWU-45/P(didn't Dior also make a leather one before ToJ?), yet Drew has mentioned it's amongst his favorite products. I think ToJ usually takes classic styles and remakes them with modern fits and high end fabrics, and I feel something like that would be in line with what they do. Plus Drew has expressed interest in a field coat. But I can completely understand if that's not something in the current plans. EDIT\ that R&Blues one is ¥ 92,400 btw \EDIT

[​IMG]

I felt like this needed another visual. I've been thrilled with how this jacket turned out and how it's aging. I think the ribbed collar works really well with the suede patch, and I really like how it drapes after I let it hang under a hot shower. It has less of that bomber shape when unzipped, which might also be because I asked for a smaller waist(there's probably about the same amount of ribbing and leather). Anyways, I love this bomber and still feel like it was a huge upgrade to the first MA-1 that I also owned.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012

5. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I was talking about how awkward it looked on me and various people not to poly (I can't even see his shoes)
    [​IMG]

6. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Wore my TOJ1 to Barney's today and every associate on the men's level wanted to know where I got it. If you get some new customers from San Francisco Drew, that's from me!

Saw BoO's varsity on the rack and it does not even compare. No baseball jacket though, wanted to check that out.

7. juusom

juusom New Member

Hi to everyone!

This is my first post here (although I have been reading for a while, for example this whole thread :) and I have made a few purchased from B&S)

Just got my brown A-2 Bomber from TOJ, it took only a month from the order to the delivery to Finland. Few pictures soon to follow.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012

8. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Clubbing in jackets tends to fuck them up pretty fast! I was afraid you were gonna jack it since it looked great on you lol

9. IronKnochs

IronKnochs Senior member

"If Drew shaved his head, he'd look like Ken Watanabe"

[​IMG]

10. Stain Tooth

Stain Tooth Member

yea got trashed one night in my toj jacket. Woke up and the leather is stretched from friends lifting me out of the car and a slight scratch on the sleeve from god knows what.. at least I'll have stories to tell :slayer:

11. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

[​IMG]

Harrington from the sample sale. Sleeves a but long, but I don't mind, just got to air it out a bit

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

whoaaaa

*guy freaking out shaking head gif*

13. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I actually think the body seems too short for a bomber and the arms seem perhaps a little long. but it's hard to tell in this pic. A full body pic might give better perspective and prove me wrong.

14. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Might just be wearing his pants too low?

15. ctbomber

ctbomber Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is my MDR in medium grey. This pic was taken with flash on.

[​IMG]

Without flash.

[​IMG]

Some details without flash on.

The point of flash and no flash is I tried to capture what it's going to look like in light and without light for those looking at this color. I found there weren't many pics of it when I went to buy it. I appreciate it even more today than I did when I first got it in a few weeks ago. It really grows on you.

Will submit fit pics later today or during this week whenever I can get someone to take a pic. Will be my first ever SF fit pics in the 1+ year I've been reading here.

Now its on to ToJ #2... Dark whiskey moto? black moto? Red DR? So many choices... I'll ask for help when I submit the fit pic so you can get a since of my style but I can gladly say a few months ago I finally started to move past the standard indigo jeans + clarks db and find my own way with things I think fit my personality better.

Anyways, love the jacket. Thanks, Drew. Will be back for more (unfortunately for my wallet).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012