TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. GBear

GBear Senior member

I really feel a restaurant analogy coming from this. Something about menus and food and shit.

2. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

I ordered a dark royal calf thinking that it would be basically that color as shown in the picture. I thought that color is also pretty close to Bear jew's dark royal quilted mdr. Perhaps the photo shows a blue that is a shade darker than dark royal?

3. bennyy

bennyy Well-Known Member

who made this jacket?

4. bennyy

bennyy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

who makes this jacket?

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I was gonna say used car analogy... but whatever floats your boat. Anybody want to try their hand at it today?

laughter95- don't worry man, the calfskin is the color as was pictured above...

6. GBear

GBear Senior member

I thought you love restaurant analogies. :foo:

The sizing chart is like a very basic menu. Ingredients are obviously the raw materials. Every dish is made based on the menu but obviously, none will turn out exactly the same. We're not robots and each will vary. There are so many variables, such as: who is making the dish, customers' demands, how backed up the orders are, etc. It isn't like a McDonald's where the variation between each "burger" is very minimal because everything has been prepped by machines.

However, because TOJ is a MTM service; there is way more variation but I think they do a pretty damn good job at keeping things consistent. It's like having an extremely loose "menu," which is basically the styling, quality, construction, etc. But with the varying sizes of a TOJ buyer and then bring in the constant bickering of OCD clothing forumites who tends to make a big deal out of 0.25," a size 48 in one jacket will not be the same as a size 48 in the same jacket, made at a different time.

I don't know, this seems like pretty common sense to me, and it probably is. People behind TOJ aren't machines, give them a break. They do a damn good job already, just take a look at the gallery and you'll be impressed. Just my opinion, trust them. I am sure they've sized up hundreds, if not thousands, of people through just mere measurements via email and have been really successful. :fonz:

7. dibango

dibango Senior member

TOJ website is back up now, and will stay up. (new server)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The thought of a bright red Moto entered my mind last night in a dream. :foo:

9. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Do you believe in collective unconscious because I had same thought last night too.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The links to the TOJ gallery have disappeared ?

It's very useful to be able to see examples and fits

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ http://toj-gallery.com/main.php

On another note, didn't think Dark Whiskey would come back (anytime soon), and re-upped on something else...so, someone cop the DW!!! I don't think there's a single fit pic of that color anywhere...

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thanks, I know where the gallery is. There used to be a link on the templeofjawnz.com website that is no longer there - I'm suggesting to add it back

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

This analogy isn't spot on, because the size chart for MTM pieces has never been that relevant, and we have always said that one can change the measurements however needed - so it's simple style sheet and doesn't particularly mean anything, should not denote anything, is not relevant to what you actually get from us if you order properly.

The issue of the size chart is that a) we should probably take it down if it's for MTM pieces, but b) people will freak out and think they have nothing to work with... a) is probably more useful than b) so the size chart will go by the wayside soon. It's just a waste of time to refer to things in size terms like 'oh yeah this is a 47 with 48 lengths and 52 sleeve widths, and the shoulders from the 46' - we made the size charts ourselves but we don't even know what those numbers mean unless we look them up.

Anyway, not really an apt analogy. The food analogies work with the business aspect of TOJ because it's a practical art as a business, but in terms of menus, we have an ever changing one and will tell people when we can't substitute something (most of the time) or make some sort of superfluous change to the listed item. In that sense, we're like a French restaurant, the menu is not there for you to dissect and put back together. The size charts would be akin to something like, you get your main and we're offering your desired (reasonable) amount of bread and mashed potatoes on the side in order to size a meal to different people, small changes that are expected and prepared for. The style remains the same. That's still not a great analogy but I think it focuses in better on what sizing means - it's a given, we are prepared to deliver it, that's about it.

15. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Yea if I saw a fit of the dark whisky, might consider buying. Wnat med whisky so bad