TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

TOJ trousers are ready. :D

3. impolyt_one

TOJ crew is going to see our long lost styleforummer aeglus tonight. Drinks shall be drank, TOJs worn.

4. IronKnochs

IronKnochs Senior member

Take pics. Also, bug Aeglus to update his blog.

5. impolyt_one

These trousers are awesome, really pleased with them. Lots of handwork, they were made in a workshop that only makes bespoke suits, so they are really well made, just really nice. Once some other people get to look at them, they will realize how nice these things are. I am happy. :D They look and feel like high fashion trousers - if I saw them in a store with a $450 pricetag I'd not question it, the construction and the lines, really good.
    The elastic detail in the back makes them not look so good on a hanger because the back bunches up a bit when not wearing them, but put them on and they're just sharp as hell. The elastic makes so much sense when you sit down - never before will you have looked so sharp and put together, yet comfortable. It's actually really mindblowing because there's no precedent for clothes this formal yet comfortable, I feel like we've stumbled upon something genuinely new and inspiring.

Gentlemen, prepare to look stylish as hell, while suddenly becoming comfortable. Life is going to be good with these pants.

6. IronKnochs

IronKnochs Senior member

As far as excited goes, I'm excited.

7. impolyt_one

I used to wear the old sample pair strictly for going out, because we tend to eat and drink all night and I can put down an average amount of food but a ton of drinks. :eek: They're gonna be good for everybody though, they're perfect for work and for those people who eat lunch and end up going home with a couple more pounds of food in their belly everyday that isn't there before lunch. Just really comfy for sitting down in. :devil:

8. dibango

dibango Senior member

Less words, more pics

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

9. impolyt_one

going to find someone(s) to wear and take pics. I am not the best pants model because my legs are skinny as hell. :eek:

10. wzjradam

wzjradam Senior member

Ballpark price range?

11. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

12. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

i've got really skinny legs too.... are these gonna be a tapered fit? what's the leg opening?

13. impolyt_one

Right now we've got black and midnight navy 100% wool gabardine, it's nice. We toted (in a TOJ tote, no less) a pair of Dior Homme and a pair of Raf Simons trousers around the market to use as a baseline until we found something we liked, and we found this Japanese wool gab. Once I find more fabrics that are suitable (thinking I may have to go back to Tokyo and look at the selection there too) I will add additional fabric choices, there will be enough so that one could fill their wardrobe with these things and just wear them daily to work, in a different color everyday.

Price, for now as we're just starting them up and I don't know what the real costs are yet, for the black and navy gab - we'll do them at $200 shipped. if the other colors to be added cost more (they probably will) the price might go up just a tad for different colors.
    I think they might take about 2 weeks to make. We got ours done in 4 days, but I don't know what will happen if a bunch get ordered. The people who make these work very quickly though, and there's 6 people in that shop.

This pattern (we're making two separate designs, these in question today are the slim fit, beltless ones) - are very tapered and have a tiny leg opening. It's about 6.7 inches on the size 30 waist (they ride more around the hips area though and actually measure about 32" i think) pair we made. it's enough of an opening so that the socks would be covered if you hem them to a half break, but they're neat and slim so they don't obscure your shoes. They're fashionable looking.

As for sizing, we will make a full chart with pertinent measurements, and we'll recommend that you measure yourself around the tops of the hips rather than at the actual waist, since these don't ride that high. They're medium rise, I think it's about 10" or so on the sample size. Apart from that, these should be really easy to get your size correct on, since everything will be there written on the chart, plus the elastic is forgiving. As long as you get the right waist size everyone should get a perfect fit.

As for the other design, it's also pretty much a slim fit tapered trouser I guess, but the leg won't be as extreme I think. They will be plain front and have conventional belt loops, etc, etc - normal trousers. The beltless are single pleated and a lot more fashion-forward.

14. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

From the sounds of it, I could see those belt-less ones working for a variety of different people who don't normally wear trousers and can be worn with shoes, boots or sneakers.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

15. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

Well, my tax money just came in and it is kinda burning a hole in my pocket

:devil: