1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

just got my bomber, I think it fits pretty well?

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  2. dibango

dibango Senior member

Looks great. Button your collar though.

3. LiveStock

LiveStock Senior member

dudes a lowlife cuz he saw a $700 nice jacket left unattended and he picked it up? lol welcome to the real world kid

3 people like this.
  4. APK

APK Senior member

Who hurt you so, my dear?

1 person likes this.
  5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

File a police report man. 1 dude did it with his TOJ here (I'm pretty sure he had a CWU too) and police found it when they busted a guy with a bunch of illegal shit. I forgot the whole story but the guy got his jacket back.

6. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

what has the world come to...

blacksburg now has a pho shop and a TOJ jacket exists there as well?! remarkable, considering the best fashion consists of tysons corner mall brands from the NOVA kids.

i lost my goretex north face parka in the chem/phys building in my freshman year when i left it in a lecture hall. came back 20 mins later and it was gone. double unfortunate that my oakleys were in the jacket as well.

hope it turns up for you.

but it probably won't. best to accept it and move on.

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Lol @ dudes leaving a $800 jacket in a movie theater.

8. LiveStock

LiveStock Senior member

yea man file that police report asap. not like they have actual shit to do

9. otc

otc Senior member

You mean like their job? Which for the person answering the police report branch of the phone tree...is to file police reports?

I don't know how they roll in canada, but down here everyone knows that anything beyond leaving it where it is or turning it in for lost and found is pure theft (and prosecuteable). This isn't finding a $20 on the ground we are talking about.

10. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

You know why you file a police report? So you can make an insurance claim. It ended up being about a $200 loss for me; still an expensive lesson. Now looking forward to my 4-zip Moto. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Sounds like it could be a $600 win for someone :hide:

12. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I fail to see the humor.

9 people like this.
  13. otc

otc Senior member

+1 on the insurance claim. The police report hotline exists so that you can have proof in writing that you have had something stolen (makes it less likely to fraudulently file a claim if you have to also file a false police report) and so that maybe you will get something back if it shows up in an unrelated bust. Its why you should always have the serial number on your bicycle written down somewhere--they aren't going to go looking for the thief, but when they bust up someone with a bunch of stolen goods, they will check to see if anybody reported the stuff missing.

Yeah--unless you want like baby it and be the douche in one of LA guy's stories where you shoot off on a waitress who accidentally spilled water on you about how she's totally ruined your leather jacket that cost more than she makes in a month--at some point you just have to treat it like any other jacket. You gotta just look like you don't give a fuck and when you get too warm, you can take it off and set it down even if you don't have the proper shaped hanger to put it on. And just like any other jacket, sometimes people forget things.

I wouldn't forget something like that on one of the first times I wore it...but once something becomes a staple part of a rotation, you stop focusing on the fact that you are wearing your baller jacket so I can understand occasionally forgetting it.

2 people like this.
  14. APK

APK Senior member

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought the same.

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Wait which insurance can you file a claim with? Renter's insurance? I thought since it was lost in a public place you couldn't file it with any insurance. Wondering because I have lost stuff in the past.

16. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Link to post?

17. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

My USAA renter's covered it, might even look into adding items to my VPP policy in the future if it's cheap enough.

18. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

What are MC guys wearing to the theater then? $$$ jackets, $$$ loafers, $$$ trousers

$$$ MONEY $$$

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012

19. I'm on USAA's renter insurance as well, it's pretty great. I think it even covers laptop damage and what not at the house (or at least that's an additional option.)

20. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Thanks ketawa and lesamourai, I didn't know renter's insurance covered all that.