• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
yeah, i haven't sorry i'm a noob to leathers really

but i got a fing awesome brand new schott 644 for around 250 and thats from 600 or so, so it came down a ton in price on the resell market
and the quality/construction is almost par /w this one

also on the B&S the toj's don't come down as much as that or another great leather i was looking at lost worlds ryder and thats steerhide... hahaha

i hope at least some of you guys feel me

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is like going into the Alden thread and saying, "man, I think 6 bills for cordovan is a bit much?"  I mean, I just got one on B/S for 4 bills and it's impeccable, but man, I think 6 bills would be a lil much, thoughts?

Sounds like a discount consumer where every item should be available for at least 50% off retail with seasonal stackable coupon codes to bring it up to 90%.

Hey guy, have you ever bought a leather before? They're not cheap items. Even shitty ones are expensive.

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score

This is like going into the Alden thread and saying, "man, I think 7 bills for cordovan is a bit much?"  I mean, I just got one on B/S for 5 bills and it's impeccable, but man, I think 7 bills would be a lil much, thoughts?

yeah you're right
but to address you... at least aldens go on sale and new ones in stores can be had for cheap at certains time of the year. tojs to my knowledge dont and if you look at the sample prices...damn

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
is above poster woodyear?

Last edited:

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
alright thanks for the feedback i see your reasoning

i guess i'm just not that experienced /w leathers because it seems like the prices are so varying even /w decent leather+styled pieces

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah, i haven't sorry i'm a noob to leathers really
but i got a fing awesome brand new schott 644 for around 250 and thats from 600 or so, so it came down a ton in price on the resell market
and the quality/construction is almost par /w this one
also on the B&S the toj's don't come down as much as that or another great leather i was looking at lost worlds ryder and thats steerhide... hahaha
i hope at least some of you guys feel me

you answered the question yourself. toj items dont depreciate all that much because quality is high.

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
hah yeah quality is damn good i'll give them that, i want to buy a collared moto now....

NotClever

Reaction score
yeah you're right
but to address you... at least aldens go on sale and new ones in stores can be had for cheap at certains time of the year. tojs to my knowledge dont and if you look at the sample prices...damn
Might you direct me to this magical place where Aldens go on sale and new ones in stores can be had for cheap?

Also, keep in mind that it's $735 for a MTM item, so it's a little apples-to-oranges to compare it to mass produced options.

Last edited:

fungz0r

Reaction score
Aldens go on sale at shoemarts factory 2nds

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
MTM doesn't exactly qualify for factory seconds...and if you did get a botched shipment (like that case with the baseball jacket), drew and his crew are totally ready and willing to fix their mistake...

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think he quite knows enough about economics to realise that TOJ has enough differentiators to be classified as a monopolistic arrangement, and not a seller of a generic commodity (leather jacket done the same as everyone else). Hence, he only cares about his workers' productivity and setting a price such that demand is just right, not too high or too low (hello Dayton boots). That price is naturally higher than if in a perfect market, but we all know that perfect markets do not exist.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds like a discount consumer where every item should be available for at least 50% off retail with seasonal stackable coupon codes to bring it up to 90%.
Hey guy, have you ever bought a leather before? They're not cheap items. Even shitty ones are expensive.

When's the next Mr.Porter sale?

Reaction score
you might have gotten that Schott on sale, but I'd bet you the price of a brand new TOJ A-2 that it fits you like shit.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think it's because my plane is booked to go to Seoul in a week, or maybe I'm just feeling it, but I'm having epiphanies about the new designs left and right this evening. Brain really woke up from it's vacation.
I have some great Japanese linen, selvedge broken twill, denim, and waffle knit cotton that I'll be incorporating, and then we'll mix in the standby NZ lamb, suede, some Italian and domestic calfskins - gonna use the same leather, horn, ebony wood, and YKK Japan trimmings as usual - here's a listing of what I am thinking for S/S. Will have to wait for the pics to see where I am going with these and the detailing, but I have these in mind over the next few months.
- revamp on the 2010 DR, 2010 Moto, and CM - some small adjustments
- minimalist waxed cotton duffle, minimalist waxed cotton Chesterfield/lab coat, minimalist fishtail - all with waffle-knit button-out liner
- new varsity
- suede T-1, suede T-3
- knits, all-wool, loose-gauge handknit
- sunglasses, made in Japan, handlaid celluloid or tortoise
- footwear of some sort
- revamped shirting, made in Japan
- denim jeans
- wool formal trousers
- object dyed selvedge broken twill chinos
- a few more outers, maybe some quilted/waxed stuff, etc.
That is my idea board for the evening.

bumping this again as i was searching for it, need those minimalist coats, trousers and shirts, and boots

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.