Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

dude, the deep v-necks at uniqlo do a great job. not that hard.

2. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

The perfect tee for me right now - http://store.americanapparel.net/rsa6402.html?c=Sand

Length is fine for me, but the important thing is the neck. It's not a full out crew neck. Its got a nice perfect scoop that makes all the difference when you're wearing it under something.

Sometimes I want to buy an N. Hoolywood tee just to see the difference, but prices are kind of obscene. I just like the way their tees look on their webshop

3. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Crossfit

Received my first TOJ from B&S today, 2010 Winter Varsity. It fits quite snug around the top block (just enough for a buttondown), but I still look like a little kid wearing his older brother's jacket. The sleeves and midsection look puffed out. The fit looks fine in the picture, but in person it just looks off.

Maybe I should be looking to trade for a TOJ1?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

4. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Well, if your stats are correct on your profile, you are a 10 drop so of course there will be some excess in the waist. Solution.... go custom.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

that varsity looks fine.

I like the way AA fits too, nice and long in the body, nice and slim. The construction and quality bring me to tears, though, especially since I can't ever get them at discount. If I could get them for like $4 like the good old days, I'd just buy those, problem solved. Instead they're like $20 over here.

I have some of the N. Hoolywood barracks kit tees, they fit really short, really small. I think I got an L and it was equivalent of an EU 42-44. Once washed, gave it to Mrs TOJ. I have the feeling that LL (jap XL) wouldn't fit much better.

6. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

pstt drew

actually that's for vnecks. oop

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

7. 2balls

2balls Senior member

god bless you kind sir.

8. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

You guys probably think I'm mirin but I was in the exact same position regarding t-shirts forever. My girlfriend knowing that I was forever on the prowl for the perfect one, would always buy me some if she saw what she thought would be good.

Gap Deep V T shirts

Forget it. Quality is actually really good, they're soft and thicker, perfect length/drape/taper. Really could not ask for more.Stopped looking for another t shirt soon as I discovered these. Come in a variety of colors (i only fuck with gray/black/white) and the collar lasts through washes

best thing is they're usually like two for $24 or some shit. before drew comes out with tees these should do the trick http://www.gap.com/browse/product.d...dHR-9LiahK4Q2y33A&sig2=KrwxoGVXGTQczrc7e1HGIQ

9. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

try CK vnecks, best tshirt ever.

10. APK

APK Senior member

I'm gonna blame this on all of the cold medicine I took before drifting off to sleep last night, but one of my bizarre dreams included a couple arguing over the ToJ baseball jacket. The girl didn't like it and wanted her guy to get rid of it. There was a real tense silence among everyone in the room as they waited for the dude's response. Then he gave his girl a real deep, passionate kiss and almost in the same movement, pushed her out of the room and slammed the door in her face. Decision made.

11. HAMGRAVY

HAMGRAVY Active Member

A is the best T for me as well

Particularly I like the material feel and wear of the tri blend style. But they are ridiculous expensive at like 20 bucks.

But they are great and they also wash well which speaks to longevity and quality materials

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012

12. user7

user7 Senior member

These are what I wear too, and they are great.

But what drives me nuts is the AA v-necks are always shorter in the body then these loose crew ones. The v-necks are literally unwearable due to being like two inches shorter. Do they make a longer v-neck (in the body, not deep v).

13. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Crossfit

My varsity from B&S unexpectedly came with a bunch of nicks/holes like the following, trying to amicably deal with this

[​IMG]

Are these normal to the production process or are they more likely a result of the wearer not being careful?

14. acl1

acl1 Senior member

no way is that normal

15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

^Whoa. I don't have a varsity, but none of my ToJs came like that. Scars are expected, but not holes that look like they were poked with pens and pencils.