TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. baconzilla

baconzilla Senior member

[​IMG]

not enough fits in this thread. I'm sure everyone is tired of seeing this varsity though =[

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Could never get H+M's to fit me, still an inch shorter than I want. I want to be able to sag my jeans and still have the tee hem covering most of the jeans yoke in the back, and about in line with rivets on the watch pocket on my jeans, but fit slim through the body still, rather than a genuine 'tall tee' look. I think if TOJ tees are gonna be borderline too long in the body for many, but for those who wouldn't find them too long, there just aren't any tees that work for them right now - I know because I've bought a ton of white tees from all over and none really fit that great. Some are great in the body, but too short; some you have to essentially size up on to get length but give you the belly curtain effect - none do everything well.

I don't foresee them being that cheap if I can make them though - my scale of production is a lot smaller than Hanes, and will be a lot nicer. I went to a hotel gift shop and picked up a pack of Hanes recently, and they had more stock of white tees than I think I would make in a TOJ run, lol.

They will be slightly deconstructed and not a straight-laced tee, however. I figure that if I am gonna spec the cut-sew from scratch, we'll just put more into them. Shipping costs more than the product cost, so we'll bring the spec to a high level and then probably pack them in multiples.

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Pocketed a la Velva Sheen types? Dunno, seems like there's a lot of Japanese companies making what's advertised as high end knitwear basics - a lot of them are of the repro style though.

4. meego

meego Well-Known Member

Nice fit bacon

I'm liking the new hairstyle as well, is it just long on the top and shaved all on the sides and back?

What suede sneakers are they?

5. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

This is what I've started buying myself. I'd buy a $6 LOGG shirt in small(i wear XS) and wash it on hot the first time. They seem to fit without being ridiculously long on my bomber. and they get pretty soft.

6. Grug

Grug Senior member

Drew have you considered making henley style tees? They're really hard to find in white. Would kop.

7. xynder

xynder Member

Is it a sin to have sex with a blacked out DR

8. GSafternoon

GSafternoon Well-Known Member

fleshlight: drew keith edition?

9. dibango

dibango Senior member

personally i cant get enough of your fits man

10. lowk

lowk Senior member

Hey Drew, I was wondering if there were any lamb suede color shades you would recommend looking for a dark green or navy but I'm up for other unique colors as well.

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

What're your thoughts on sleeve length? I find the sleeves to be a little too short for my monkey-length arms on most tees, especially slimmer ones (Silent being the one exception that I've found thus far).

12. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Suede Colors

13. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

An often overlooked problem with most plain white tees is the fabric. White tees need a substantial weight fabric or you're just flashing nips all day long. Not a good look.

14. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

blue suede like jaac's harrington is amazing
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  15. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

Have any of you guys tried the starter brand tees from target? They come in 3 packs for like 8 bucks and theyre pretty decent, not perfect but better than hanes IMO