TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

Except bitcoins, though a good idea, aren't backed by any government as legitimate currency, making them fairly useless for transactions where you want to be protected against fraud or having them stolen.

It results in lower fees for Drew. When I buy from him I use direct deposit to save both of us money.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

You lose out on rewards/cashback from using credit card though. Dunno there's always tradeoffs. Bitcoins are the preferred currency of online drug traffickers.

3. Grug

Grug Senior member

Well I live in hope. As I learn more about fashunz I'm discovering that burly-white-man steez isn't the easiest stuff to come by. :embar:

4. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

Yeah, Dwolla is, IIRC, more for the retailer's benefit than the consumer's. Although theoretically the retailer can pass on their savings if they aren't having to pay a 0.5% transaction fee or whatever.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

there's plenty of clothing for burly white dudes. Have you tried any of the Japanese jeans? They fit large guys well, skinny guys like myself, not so well. The basic reason TOJ came about and got this far is because of the lack of clothes that suit truly skinny guys... you can get clothes from Japan that fit well, and some high fashion, but you can buy 4 TOJ's for what some of those brands charge for pieces....

6. impolyt_one

I'm thinking about starting it up. I am probably gonna set up a new TOJ paypal pretty soon and direct it to my Japanese holdings, I've got the required stuff in place now to do so. If Dwolla only works in the US, that's ok too.

7. false

false Senior member

[​IMG]
    TOJ in Tokyo
    This really is the coolest thing I've ever bought. Still stretching in this pic and there's a Kindle in my chest pocket so its bulging a bit. Arms are super, super slim. If I wear a sweatshirt or medium sweater its a little hard to bend my elbow and then rotate my shoulder forward but its not meant to be a winter coat. Anyway, you can survive any weather in a scarf.

Also got an oxford but unfortunately I'm pretty sure its too long and it will have to go up on BS. With all the talk of TOJ being for slim Asians, the upper back, chest, and torso fit me better than any order made shirt I have. It looks like it was laser cut for my body. Unfortunately, I can fold the cuffs back on themselves and still have the sleeves reach my wrists and the body is ~2 inches longer than a Uniqlo oxford. Just bad luck that my chest and back measurements bump me up to stock sleeve measurements for a much taller person. I feel cool about it though because the Uniqlo oxfords this season fit me real well so I just bought a big stack of them.

If you've been holding off on buying a Jacket, just do it. Every day that I dragged my feet about dropping the cash was a day that was less awesome than it could have been. I am genuinely considering buying a second copy. Bury it in the park in a time capsule in case something happens to this one.

8. impolyt_one

good fit man. Anybody say anything about it in the day to day?

9. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

You might need to size up depending on your shoulder dimensions. I'm 38ish in chest and the 48 was too tight in the shoulders and chest. General consensus seems to be to size up one from regular TOJ for the Varsity.

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Sorry, but I always find this thigh thing a bit odd. Are you sure it's your thighs that aren't fitting? Mine are just under 24" right now, and my newer size 31 Petit Standards are even a little loose on me. I'm pretty sure I had 25" thighs in college, and wore size 31 PS then as well. Granted, I have a tiny ass.

Is tailoring not an option? I think those are really, really standard modifications if it's just the length.

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

idk people always say length modification is standard, but then the button placements look really strange for the body.

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Nice fit.

And yeah, I have shirts hemmed all the time if they start out too long to wear untucked, and a competent tailor can shorten the sleeves on most shirts. Worth looking into if you like the shirt otherwise.

13. aether

aether Senior member

just relegate it to the "must tuck" side of your closet.

14. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

nice fit False, 3sixteen SL's for big thighs

their description is online cash, flat fee transfers instead of being based on a percentage. Pretty smart move to undercut just about every bank transfer fee, I signed up.

15. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

When will the site be back up? Trying to make an order.