1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. jhe0417

jhe0417 Well-Known Member

Really digging that moto fit on you, hurhur!

2. 2nd sunday

2nd sunday Active Member

[​IMG]

Blacked out DR looks good but I prefer gunmetal hardware. Looks odd around the waist in the back though and not really feelin the rest of the fit in conjunction with the DR. Kinda makes you look like "that guy" but not in a good way.

3. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Did I miss something? What's with the all black zippers? Is that the norm from now on or can you get chrome still?

4. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Well-Known Member

Did I miss something? What's with the all black zippers? Is that the norm from now on or can you get chrome still?

Just tell Charly which color you want. They're just currently available as an option.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

blacked out moto and dr is pure sex.

really trying to not spend money, but the blacked out moto might be the end of me. wanna wait to see if there are any new styles though. Dis can you comment if new styles are coming

Don't want to spill the beans just yet, but they are forthcoming soon. I just want to focus on clearing orders for now because there is a Chinese New Year's holiday I have to contend with and I should have a bunch of stuff sent by then.

My gf and I broke up and she went back to Japan, so I find myself with a lot of time all of a sudden, and I am gonna try to channel that into more work... so watch for the developments that ensue, there should be some good clothes. [​IMG]

6. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

I really wish I kopped, I hope drew does these again and also suede daypacks

7. Knisse

Knisse Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to add measurement to the website again? Now there are only pictures from what i can see

8. stinger70

stinger70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Please reconsider what you wear with the DR. I mean...seriously not doing it justice.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Drew

10. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Drew

+1

11. Angry Toaster

Angry Toaster Member

Please reconsider what you wear with the DR. I mean...seriously not doing it justice.

Any recommendations?

12. stinger70

black boots and a different cut of jeans. The DR is edgy and the bottom half is like typical boring workwear.

1 person likes this.
  13. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

Don't want to spill the beans just yet, but they are forthcoming soon. I just want to focus on clearing orders for now because there is a Chinese New Year's holiday I have to contend with and I should have a bunch of stuff sent by then.

My gf and I broke up and she went back to Japan, so I find myself with a lot of time all of a sudden, and I am gonna try to channel that into more work... so watch for the developments that ensue, there should be some good clothes. [​IMG]

I thought you have an arranged marriage being set up with one of your family friends? I don't know how i know... not that i'm stalking you or anything. [​IMG]

14. Jared7

Jared7 Well-Known Member

Any recommendations?

Jeans could be slimmer and some boots or a pair of hightops would finish the look.

15. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Drew - sorry to hear that, bro. Just keep thinking positive, man. [​IMG]

In regards to the fellow with the blacked out DR, I think it may be a bit tricky for him due to his body size/shape. From nearly all of the pictures I've seen related to ToJ, everyone has been relatively slim or skinny. I don't know how he would look like with slim black jeans tucked into black boots. I do agree with the masses and would also vote the bottom half is quite awkward with the DR.

16. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

he prob should cuff the jeans like get smart does. check out the official skin heads thread, he posts a lot in there. i wouldnt recommend a boot tuck and i am the advocate for boot tucks[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Angry Toaster

Angry Toaster Member

Thanks for the advice, guys. I was wearing boots in the previous pics (black cherry Red Wing GTs), but they're probably not edgy enough for a DR. I doubt I should cuff jeans wearing those, since I'm not, nor have I ever claimed to be, a skinhead. Regarding skinny jeans: they're terrible on me. Due to weightlifting, I can barely get them on, and once they're on, I'm not moving anywhere. Levi 514's are about as slim as I can go. I think part of the unbalancedness of the pics comes from the fact that the DR emphasizes my upper body size, while the 514's I wore deemphasize my lower body. In this one I wore looser jeans, which (I think) makes it more balanced. I agree with the general sentiment to go edgier. I already know the boots in the below pic go better with gunmetal hardware, but let's see how this goes. So how's this: better or worse?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. stinger70

would be fine without the boot tuck.

19. halisray

halisray Well-Known Member

Hey Angry, is that lambo or calf? Also, it looks a bit tight on you, is it Just curious - I really like it all blacked out!

20. Angry Toaster

Angry Toaster Member

Hey Angry, is that lambo or calf? Also, it looks a bit tight on you, is it Just curious - I really like it all blacked out!

It's lamb. It actually doesn't feel tight, although it looks that way. I think it just drapes on the shape of my body closely, and so looks that way. The only place I feel any tightness is in the lats, and even there it's not bad.