• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ MDR black lamb size 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hataraki_man

Reaction score
For sale is my Temple of Jawns Minimalist Double Rider jacket in black lambskin.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

I am the original owner of this jacket, having ordered it in March of 2011, very soon after the design was released, and it has been worn only a handfull of times since. I can detect no compromise of workmanship or materials in the construction of this jacket, and it is visibly worn only slightly in a few places such as the points of the collar and edges of the cuffs where the finish has suffered moderate abrasion, and where the sleeves where nicked here and there by occasional contact with the zippers. Basically it looks, feels, and smells like the day I got it.

I ordered a stock size 48 and I was provided with the following measurements at the time of purchase:
shoulders, front 17.6"
shoulders, back 17.1"
chest (pit-to-pit) 21.5"
midsection 19.2"
waist 19.6"
length, front 22.1"
length, back 24.7"
sleeve length 25.2"
sleeve width pit 7.4"
sleeve width elbow 6.4"
sleeve width cuff 5.5"

Note that the measuerments are slightly different than those given for size 48 in the "current" size chart found on the TOJ site.

More importantly I have measured the actual garment and have come up with the following:
The measurements where taken wih the material gently stretched.

shoulders 17” (hard to measure and could find no difference between front and back)
chest (pit-to-pit) 21.5"
midsection 19.25"
waist 19.5"
length, front 22.25"
length, back 24.75"
sleeve length 25.5"
sleeve width pit 7.75"
sleeve width elbow 7"
sleeve width cuff 5" (also hard to measure, closes snugly around your hand when zipped up though)

My own figure is as follows: 5'11, 155lbs, 40.5" chest, 31" waist. This jacket fits fairly well, although having a lean muscular build means it fits in the shoulders and chest but is slighty roomy elsewhere. The sleeves also fall in the middle of my hand which is may be traitional for this style of jacket, but I find too long for my tastes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads