Tods...your opinions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pink22m, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

I recently purchased a pair of Tods brown driving mocs while I was in Milan, and so far, they are the most comfortable pair of drivers I have worn. I am contemplating getting a second pair, and was thinking about these:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0550cat7420735

What do you think of the blue? I think they could be worn in a subtle manner, and aren't as obtrusive as some other colors I have seen, such as white or green. However, they probably don't have the versatility of brown, and furthermore, finding a matching belt seems like it would be tricky.

2. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Brown belt will be fine with them, especially if it's pebble grain. I do think those would be more attractive in suede.

3. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

I have mocs in blue suede with red contrast stitching. Loved them so much that they were worn to bits. Not a fan myself of pebble leeather, especially with blue. The white and green ones look a lot better.

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

5. kronik

kronik Senior member

How are the soles holding up? The one thing that kept me from purchasing a a pair were the reports of the little trademark Tod's balls being flimsy.

6. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

How are the soles holding up? The one thing that kept me from purchasing a a pair were the reports of the little trademark Tod's balls being flimsy.
    No problems so far with the soles. I won't think of them as shoes to wear on the IRT however. That what Doc Martens are for.
    http://whatareyouwearingtoday.blogspot.com/