• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

toddler fights

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teach your kid to hit below the belt.  A good groin strike can negate any size advantage.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My children will be lethal with a blade by age 5.
My daughter was dragging one of my bokken around the house by the time she was 3. I thought it was cute until she hit me on the instep with it.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
(Tokyo Slim @ June 10 2005,11:32) My children will be lethal with a blade by age 5.
My daughter was dragging one of my bokken around the house by the time she was 3. I thought it was cute until she hit me on the instep with it.
heh... good work. Did she follow up with a shot to the side of the knee and then under the chin in the meaty part of the neck? If not, I can teach her a couple tricks for a modest price. I'm gonna open up a Playschool Assassin Daycare Center. It's gonna rule.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
training rooms to include angry orangutans, 40 midgets, and a lion.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, Styleforum does parenting too... One stop shopping for advice.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, Styleforum does parenting too... One stop shopping for advice.
well, the only fathering sites I know recomend wearing synthetics, so I couldn't possibly hang around
tounge.gif

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My children will be lethal with a blade by age 5. I'll also teach them how satisfying it is to hold the anger and pain of public insults inside, while plotting to get revenge far from the prying eyes of the adults. Daddy, daddy, little timmy "fell" down the well. (again) Sort of reminds me of my childhood.
Nothing wrong with a little well-plotted revenge. When I was in 2nd grade, I got revenge on the class bully (who reveled in tormenting me) by growing some virulent cold/flu strain  (donated by my sister) in an agar dish and smearing said biological weapon all over the bully's stuff.  He was very very sick for the better part of a week.  I had threatened him ahead of time that I was going to put a curse on him through black magic and voodoo, so when he really did get violently ill, he became  convinced I was a dangerous person, and left me alone.  Martial arts aren't the only way to defend yourself.
devil.gif

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
biological warfare, awesome.

wow, a 2nd grader with access to agar, and the wherewithal to use it. your parents must've been lab biologists...?

PHV

Reaction score
(Tokyo Slim @ June 10 2005,12:32) My children will be lethal with a blade by age 5. I'll also teach them how satisfying it is to hold the anger and pain of public insults inside, while plotting to get revenge far from the prying eyes of the adults. Daddy, daddy, little timmy "fell" down the well. (again) Sort of reminds me of my childhood.
Nothing wrong with a little well-plotted revenge. When I was in 2nd grade, I got revenge on the class bully (who reveled in tormenting me) by growing some virulent cold/flu strain  (donated by my sister) in an agar dish and smearing said biological weapon all over the bully's stuff.  He was very very sick for the better part of a week.  I had threatened him ahead of time that I was going to put a curse on him through black magic and voodoo, so when he really did get violently ill, he became  convinced I was a dangerous person, and left me alone.  Martial arts aren't the only way to defend yourself.
devil.gif

You better let the UN weapons inspectors in when the knock. Lord knows you don't want to be part of the "axis of evil".

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
biological warfare, awesome.

wow, a 2nd grader with access to agar, and the wherewithal to use it. your parents must've been lab biologists...?
Mom was in medical school at the time. She was excited to give me stuff for my "science experiments."

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow, Kai, I no longer admire you only for your extensive collection of bespoke shoes. such extensive revenge in second grade indicates some serious evil plotting abilities. one would think that you could grow up to be a..... let's see.... maybe a lawyer
cool.gif

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Globetrotter, what was said to the 5 year old after this happened? It might have been good to help him and your son get through this by deconstructing the occurance.

When we were in Paris last week, our apartment was 50 yards from the Square Necker (it has a children's playground) and spent quite a few hours there with our 2 1/2 year old. I didn't hesitate to discipline a kid who wasn't mine. If I see a 3 year old throwing sand at an 18 month old's face, I will intervene if the parents are not watching.

When I was six or seven, a bully (a boy) tormented me for a few weeks. Finally, I snapped, although I was much smaller than he was. I began hitting and shouting in a rage. He ran away in tears and never bothered me again.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Tokyo Slim @ June 10 2005,12:32) My children will be lethal with a blade by age 5. I'll also teach them how satisfying it is to hold the anger and pain of public insults inside, while plotting to get revenge far from the prying eyes of the adults. Daddy, daddy, little timmy "fell" down the well. (again) Sort of reminds me of my childhood.
devil.gif

I'm no lawyer, Kai, but I think you just copped to attempted murder
biggrin.gif
Maybe we can plea you down to felonious assault.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Globetrotter, what was said to the 5 year old after this happened?  It might have been good to help him and your son get through this by deconstructing the occurance.

When we were in Paris last week, our apartment was 50 yards from the Square Necker (it has a children's playground) and spent quite a few hours there with our 2 1/2 year old.  I didn't hesitate to discipline a kid who wasn't mine.  If I see a 3 year old throwing sand at an 18 month old's face, I will intervene if the parents are not watching.  

When I was six or seven, a bully (a boy) tormented me for a few weeks.  Finally, I snapped, although I was much smaller than he was.  I began hitting and shouting in a rage.  He ran away in tears and never bothered me again.
F,

I was wondering when you would get in, I was waiting for your input....

I am not of the opinion that it is benifitial to either discipline somebody else's child, or to be overly protective of my child, when there is not a life, limb or soul threatening situation (as FIH mentioned, it can happen).

I fugure that we disagree on this, if somebody else is raising there kid to be a bully it is not my position to try and shape the kid - one repremand from a stranger will do nothing but confuse the kid. (on the other hand, one of our sons friends has a bad home situation that is reflected in his behavior and a lot of us have taken to spending time with him to give him stability, to help, but that is an entirely differnet situation). I have pulled kids apart to prevent somebody from getting hurt, but not to try to teach the kids who aren't mine (or part of my circle of friends and family) my values. this kids mother, who actually was a minor friend of ours, who I realy don't think we will see much of from now on, didn't seem overly concerned about the whole thing, although she may not have seen what promted the whole conflict.

also, my son will be faced with violence and with unfairness his whole life,I don't want to give him so much protection that he isn't prepared, like some type of galapogas tortoise, unprepared for hunters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads