• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

angryjeans

Reaction score
After dialing in my look with TS, I have become interested in dialing in other aspects of style, especially when it comes shoes and fragrance. Do any of you guys in this group use cologne? Do you have a go to favorite? Is there such thing as a fragrance that goes with this simplistic style.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
After dialing in my look with TS, I have become interested in dialing in other aspects of style, especially when it comes shoes and fragrance. Do any of you guys in this group use cologne? Do you have a go to favorite? Is there such thing as a fragrance that goes with this simplistic style.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do any of you guys in this group use cologne? Do you have a go to favorite? Is there such thing as a fragrance that goes with this simplistic style.
It's an interesting question...matching scent to personal style. I'm not wearing cologne and I don't know much about it. The times I have put on cologne, I liked it - like a fun way to start the day. I'd like to learn more about it, if you learn new things I'd love for you to keep us posted.

The thread @imatlas posted looks like the mother lode for you. Threads like that are the awesome thing about these forums.

Joytropics

Reaction score
I hadn't worn cologne since high school, and even then it was a gift from a girlfriend, but just this past year got into Tom Ford fragrance on a whim.

I only like the Noir, but putting it on has become a nice part of my morning routine. The sticker shock fades when you realize how long a bottle lasts.

BTW @Todd Shelton jsut got the white fabric swatch in the mail, thank you! Very cool.

angryjeans

Reaction score
@joytipics thanks for jumping in. The only reason I posted in here is the theory that we all have similar taste being that we wear TS clothing. Having read Todd’s January emails where he published info on his customers, I feel like this community shares similar tastes and style. We all have more in common then we know. I too just bought my first high price fragrance. I bought Tom Ford Oud Wood. It has started my fragrance journey.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Todd,

I got the swatch of the white denim. It is off-white, but not quite "off" enough for what i had in mind, I am thinking more true ecru, I'll see if i can come up with an idea for a source. Thanks though, great service as always!

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Todd,

I got the swatch of the white denim. It is off-white, but not quite "off" enough for what i had in mind, I am thinking more true ecru, I'll see if i can come up with an idea for a source. Thanks though, great service as always!
I understand what you're looking for. I'll continue looking as well.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have a Shirt Shop Sale happening for 2 more days.

Shirt Shop is a variety of fabrics, we call it the Secret Shirt Shop because we separate it from our main line - and it's accessed through a hidden link on the main line shirt page (bottom left corner). There's more that 60 shirt fabrics and the prices are pretty good right now. If you need help with fit, let me know here and I'll set up complimentary Fit Kit for you.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How’s everyone doing?

I’m not exactly sure what is appropriate for a company like ours to be talking about right now. Every time I start to write a note about what’s happening with our company or team, it feels self-serving. But I think people (myself included) need to talk.

To get the ball rolling, my biggest concern is, "how long will this last?" We have to make preparations to survive as a company and take care of our people - at the same time. If we know how long this will last, the math is more simple. Not knowing forces us to make gut instinct decisions. I'm sure many of you are in the same position with business or life decisions.

If anyone wants to talk about anything, let’s talk.

Joytropics

Reaction score
@Todd Shelton

I'm also in ecommerce, in a space that you might expect to do well in these times, or at least stay steady.

Things are grim though! I'm hearing from folks who say they have 50% drops in revenue. My operation is lean, and almost completely based on US supply chains so I'm cautiously optimistic, but I expect others to go under and to see people lose jobs.

It's also tough to see carefully planned marketing campaigns and product launches basically get fed into a woodchipper.

The second order effects will persist far beyond the initial crisis. I'm being offered ad inventory at 70% off in some places and still turning it down. Ad buys that are already paid for are performing the worst I've ever seen in my career.

Really hope you and all your team come out strong from this.

Last edited:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm with you, it's hard to even write a response. As you know (because you were kind enough to reach out), my business is being destroyed by the understandable slowing of business. For the last 11 years I've owned and operated a small law firm (six employees), but we are now at a point where we will either be swallowed by a large law firm (ideal) or I will be forced to let go of most or all of my employees. The impacts have come so quickly, it's difficult to wrap my head around all of the consequences, but my heart and support goes out to every small business out there and the people they employ. The entire TS family is in my mind.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Todd Shelton
The second order effects will persist far beyond the initial crisis.

Really hope you and all your team come out strong from this.
Thanks. If the world could get some type of positive news (like Italy starts to turn the corner) within a week or two, I think a lot of normality and employment could be salvaged. But if it goes beyond that, many companies can't hold on beyond that. I think every day matters.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The impacts have come so quickly, it's difficult to wrap my head around all of the consequences, but my heart and support goes out to every small business out there and the people they employ.
I admire your courage to make tough decisions as soon as you recognized problems. It's an impossible decision, you had to do the math on a decade of work and relationships in a few days time with no preparation.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's an impossible decision is right. I spent 11 years having people more experienced in business tell me that their biggest mistake was not reacting to market conditions quickly enough as a small business owner. At every moment of those 11 years I wondered if I would be ready when the time came. When I woke up last Thursday, I knew the time was here. It was a wild experience.

Thanks for the kind words. There are many reasons why you and your brand are one of my favorites. You're a good dude.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.