• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my grey jeans recently and have worn them a couple of times now. They fit really well and I am happy with them. Later today, I will be ordering a pair of the pro soft mediums in the same fit, and then the lights when they get released next month. I've been very happy with everything about this process.

There is however, one piece of criticism that I would share and intend as constructive: I hate the way they fold the jeans for shipping. Folding them like trousers with a crease down the center of the leg, leaves a crease down the center of the leg. I've had to iron each pair I've gotten, which isnt such a big deal, but seems unnecessary when they could be folded differently.

It does show how happy I am with the jeans, though. I went from having the hardest time finding jeans that fit, to complaining about how they're folded. What an asshole...
I assume you got the Pro Original Mid Grey Selvedge? I wore them yesterday:
14F336B5-E669-43C4-9B85-C2710C0D2983.jpeg

And I’m with you on the folding, it cracks me up each time. “This isn’t how you fold jeans!”

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I received my grey jeans recently and have worn them a couple of times now. They fit really well and I am happy with them. Later today, I will be ordering a pair of the pro soft mediums in the same fit, and then the lights when they get released next month. I've been very happy with everything about this process.

There is however, one piece of criticism that I would share and intend as constructive: I hate the way they fold the jeans for shipping. Folding them like trousers with a crease down the center of the leg, leaves a crease down the center of the leg. I've had to iron each pair I've gotten, which isnt such a big deal, but seems unnecessary when they could be folded differently.

It does show how happy I am with the jeans, though. I went from having the hardest time finding jeans that fit, to complaining about how they're folded. What an asshole...
That ending was hilarious!

We started doing that fold about 2 years ago. When we folded the regular jean way, the bottom opening gets pushed flat and can cause a flared look at ankle when a guy first puts them on. You're not alone, others have said the same thing. I don't want to stop folding that way, but I will come up with a way to minimize the crease. Thanks for bringing it up, it'll improve our process.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Could we get a cream/off white mid-to-light weight denim on offer?
2020_0306_sf.jpg
This is Japanese twill. It's not from the same mill we use for denim. We can do it, the risk that we haven't had time to test it as a jean/pant. It could be good, but there would need to be that assumed risk if we wanted to try to make something happen for this Spring. The other option is to properly search for fabrics, test - and shoot for a Spring 2021 release.

Last edited:

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

angryjeans

Reaction score
I know white and cream jeans look great in high fashion photo ads but how do you keep them clean? Whenever I wear light tan khakis I always see and feel like there are dirt streaks from bumping up against things or rubbing my hands on them. Even getting out of an SUV sometimes you end up with dirt on the back of your legs. OIs this something you just learn to live with. Not caring that people may see dirt or stains on your pants? If I could learn to live with it, I would probably try white jeans in the summer. Then again, I have a 7 year old son, so scrap that idea.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know white and cream jeans look great in high fashion photo ads but how do you keep them clean? Whenever I wear light tan khakis I always see and feel like there are dirt streaks from bumping up against things or rubbing my hands on them. Even getting out of an SUV sometimes you end up with dirt on the back of your legs. OIs this something you just learn to live with. Not caring that people may see dirt or stains on your pants? If I could learn to live with it, I would probably try white jeans in the summer. Then again, I have a 7 year old son, so scrap that idea.
I don’t wear white jeans, but I wear “wheat” jeans. I do wear white chinos in the summer, they are wide leg and lightweight. I also have a 7 year old son (and a 15 year old son). Sometimes my pants get dirty, but I know how to wash them. Most of the time they don’t get dirty though. I like them, but don’t love them.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
@Todd Shelton I like the sound of that - mind throwing a swatch in when my current order ships?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.