• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my mid pro softs a lot since receiving them a week or so ago. Great change from darks which I had gotten used to as defacto. Go great with a navy sport coat, just enough color difference.
20200212_072012.jpg

#Badairportloungselfie

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wearing my mid pro softs a lot since receiving them a week or so ago. Great change from darks which I had gotten used to as defacto. Go great with a navy sport coat, just enough color difference. View attachment 1335635

#Badairportloungselfie
Color looks good. Pro soft mids is one of the jeans guys can ask for, it's not online, but should be available indefinitely. Thanks for sharing, great to see the jean traveling.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2020_0213_sf.jpg

2020_0213_sf2.jpg

We re-released tan 5-pocket for our guys who like colored 5-pockets. If the word “5-pocket” is new to you, the 5th pocket is the small coin pocket on the front. It’s basically a jean style and cut in a non-blue denim.

I think a tan 5-pocket, which is probably the most popular color, does the job of a jean and a classic tan khaki combined. More laid back than a khaki (the DNA of a jean), but keeping that classic tan color makes the pant feel more business casual (and less jean casual).

I don’t wear colored 5-pockets, just haven’t adopted them. I like blue jeans and khakis separately. But a lot of guys do like 5-pockets and I think the style is here to stay. I would like to hear from colored 5-pocket guys about this. Why do you like to wear them? How important they are to your wardrobe?

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I wrote an article about what I think makes a jean suitable for today's workplace - taking into account a wide range of professions that are making the transition to more casual dress codes. Obviously, there's exceptions. I came up with 6 details that can make a difference.

1. Color. Dark navy instead of indigo blue because indigo blue can be too casual for a lot of offices.
2. Low-contrast stitching. Gold or yellow stitching can be distracting and can create a disconnect between the style of the jean and a business casual shirt.
3. Logos. Back pocket stitching and leather patches seem unnecessary and even a liability in professional settings.
4. No stretch. Adding stretch makes a jean more comfortable, but it does something to the denim surface that doesn't look as sophisticated or real as all-cotton.
5. Fake fades. No matter how good fake fades are, people recognize them. I think fades are fine in professional settings if the fades are real/authentic.
6. Fit. Good fit applies to any pant in the workplace, but because we've been so accustom to jeans being casual wear, we may not focus on fixing things like saggy-ass or inseam length.

I'd like to hear feedback on this topic, maybe we can make the article more helpful for guys who can wear jeans to work. Let me know what you think.

Here's the actual article:

angryjeans

Reaction score
To me number 6 is the most important. The fit will make you look and feel like a million bucks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 145 32.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%