• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

angryjeans

Reaction score
Todd made me a pair of these pro grey last year. If you love the pro originals you will love these. Every now and then I feel the need to wear denim in another color other then blue. I always reach for these first. And with the wash he nailed the color.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it's good to hear that kind of feedback. I think you'll have your jeans in a week, I know our team will follow up with you personally, but I'd love to hear (or see) how the final product turns out here in the thread.
Jeans received in the Basic/ Relaxed fit, 30/ 31. I wanted to provide and update since its been so long in the making, but I have a pair of jeans now that fit really well. Thanks to the team at Todd Shelton and I will be placing an order for the greys and a lighter pair of blues in the near future.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome, @bdavro23. It’s not rocket science, but getting the fit dialed in really makes a difference. I’m also a basic/relaxed top block, but a few sizes up from you.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Todd Shelton , If I'd like to reproduce my favorite pair of jeans (can't find to buy them anymore) by tweaking your options, how would that work?
Say waist, front and back rise, heap, thigh, knee, leg opening measurements... can it be done?
We can get close but it's tough to reproduce because the denim will be different and you've broken those in over time - so even if specs were identical the new jeans will feel different. The way to go about is to wash jeans (to get back into their non-stretched specs) and send them to us for measuring - then we'd give you our size recommendation - where there are differences we'd give you two options to decide which way to go (for example and not real specs, your knee measures 9 1/8, and our standard knee measures 9 3/8 and our slim knee measures 8 7/8).

Thanks for reaching out and if you decide you want to send the jean to us to get more information, DM me.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Jeans received in the Basic/ Relaxed fit, 30/ 31. I wanted to provide and update since its been so long in the making, but I have a pair of jeans now that fit really well. Thanks to the team at Todd Shelton and I will be placing an order for the greys and a lighter pair of blues in the near future.
I'm happy we got it right for you. Would love to see how you wear them at some point.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2020_0207_sf1.jpg

2020_0207_sf4.jpg

2020_0207_sf2.jpg

2020_0207_sf3.jpg

The denim mill we partner with for all of our denim developed this heather grey selvedge and we're testing it. We released it this week. It's softer and lighter than Pro Original. It's fun, looking forward to seeing how the guys who order it, wear it and react to it over time.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last year we reduced our collection to focus on the most popular fabrics in each category. In our denim category, Pro Original won out, and became "our" denim. But there were a few other denims that were popular, and for some guys, more preferable than Pro Original.

We mentioned when we reduced the collection that we'd keep Angry, Indigo, and Pro Soft denim in-stock for the guys who needed them - they'd just need to ask for them. These denims should always be here, but we only plan on releasing them on the site a couple of times a year. Today we re-released them on the site.

2020_0208_sf1.jpg

This is Pro Soft, 11 oz compared to Pro Original at 14 oz. It's good for guys who like lighter pant fabrics or a softer denim.

2020_0208_sf3.jpg

This is Angry Denim Darks. It's almost 17 oz. Some of our guys think this should've been the denim to win the category.

2020_0208_sf2.jpg

This is Indigo Darks. It's a classic American style blue jean. It's the most ordered jean of the 3 in this group.

You can see them better, more photos, here:

Joytropics

Reaction score
I have a fit kit being made by Jessica, looking forward to good results!

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Todd Shelton
Just got off the phone with Jessica, Grey selvedge ordered and wonderful customer service as always. I have been looking for something like the superlights or the indigo lights, but she said there wasnt anything on the schedule for those light washes. Any suggestions for places for me to look?

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Todd Shelton
Just got off the phone with Jessica, Grey selvedge ordered and wonderful customer service as always. I have been looking for something like the superlights or the indigo lights, but she said there wasnt anything on the schedule for those light washes. Any suggestions for places for me to look?
Thanks for the Grey order, it's a good jean - and a good color.

We were going to do Lights for denim month, and I pulled it because it's not easy to hit consistent color in small batch situations. I think we'll release Lights, not Superlights, in late March or April - and hopefully group all the guys that are looking for a light jean into a couple of bigger batches. You're not the only one, others are asking for lighter jeans. I think lighter jeans are best in warmer months, so the release date will happen before warm weather really hits. Does that timeframe work for you?

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Grey order, it's a good jean - and a good color.

We were going to do Lights for denim month, and I pulled it because it's not easy to hit consistent color in small batch situations. I think we'll release Lights, not Superlights, in late March or April - and hopefully group all the guys that are looking for a light jean into a couple of bigger batches. You're not the only one, others are asking for lighter jeans. I think lighter jeans are best in warmer months, so the release date will happen before warm weather really hits. Does that timeframe work for you?
That timeline is great, looking forward to seeing them. Incidentally, I've sent a couple of non- Styleforum guys your way, hopefully they come through for you.

Thanks for the follow up and great customer service!

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That timeline is great, looking forward to seeing them. Incidentally, I've sent a couple of non- Styleforum guys your way, hopefully they come through for you.

Thanks for the follow up and great customer service!
Great, I'll keep you up to date on the lights.

Thanks for telling your friends, it's honestly the greatest thing you could do for us.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 145 32.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%