• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just a quick note for the team at Todd Shelton, and for anyone on the fence about ordering: I ordered a couple pair of jeans during the sale, neither of which fit. We then tried a trial jean, which needs to be adjusted. My jeans are now in production, and certainly Todd Shelton has lost money on me thus far. With that being said, I will be ordering another pair in my finalized fit in February, and probably a summer pair as well.

This has been both a great customer service experience for me, but also they'll be delivering jeans that fit me very well. Thanks to the team and I'm looking forward to my next pair.
Thanks, it's good to hear that kind of feedback. I think you'll have your jeans in a week, I know our team will follow up with you personally, but I'd love to hear (or see) how the final product turns out here in the thread.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This month, in our email newsletter, we’re telling short stories about our customers.

The stories are like this…

2020_0115_sameer.jpg

Name: Sameer B.
Customer since: 2015
Hometown: Needham, MA
Profession: Leveraged Finance Research Analyst
Favorite food: Home cooked Indian
Last best vacation: Maui Four Seasons
Wearing in photo: Navy Chambray shirt, Pro Soft Darks
Favorite TS product: Chambray shirts (I own almost every one)

Here’s the story of our model, Kyle:

2020_0123_kyle.jpg

Name: Kyle S.
Customer since: 2014
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Profession: Model, cook, musician
Pet: Raisin and Radicchio (2 Cats)
Favorite food: Pizza
Last best vacation: Portland, Maine
Wearing in photo: Black Crew, King Indigo Darks
Favorite TS product: Black Selvedge jean

If you’re not on our newsletter, you can sign up at the footer: https://toddshelton.com/

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is this nerd?
4CC1EEA4-DC3F-4F3A-9234-A23237EBA9BB.jpeg

Name: Patrick R.
Customer since: 2018
Hometown: Chicago, IL
Profession: Patent Attorney
Children: Boys, 7 and 15
Favorite food: Apple pie
Last best vacation: Maui
Wearing in photo: Track and Field Black, Pro Original Darks
Favorite TS product: Pro Original Darks

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For real though, it’s fun to see other customers and what they wear and what they like.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a link to the post:

We're adding 6 more stories to it this next week.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2020_0124_machines.jpg

I shared this on ig yesterday and some of you who like factory stories may find it interesting. This is copy and pasted from ig:

Archive photo 2014. And my advice to my younger self or anyone starting a sewing factory. 😉

A big sewing factory in Moultrie, GA closed in 2014. They put 3000 sewing machines in an online auction. I bought 24, we already had about that number in our NJ factory, so we doubled our machine count. I rented a Penske truck and drove from NJ to GA. I picked up my dad in TN and he went down with me, he took that photo as we were leaving, I remember it being after a long, hot, dirty day.

Looking back at that photo - my advice to my younger self would be - buy brand new machines as you need them. Today, we run about half of those machines in the truck. Others we sold, some we use for parts, and some we may get going later. It wasn’t a bad buy, but it was too much work. Old machines require a lot of care. But the memories with dad were priceless.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Early last year we put Liev Schreiber in clothes for a movie called Human Capital shot in West Chester and Long Island. He wore our jeans, pants, and shirts. The movie sold last fall and will release sometime in 2020. Was talking on the phone to my mom this morning and she asked about Liev, because she was watching Spotlight on TV when i called - so I thought some of you may be interested in the story too. When I see an official trailer, I'll post it here. In the photo here, he's wearing our shirt.

2020_0125_styleforum.jpg

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I buy from you, I go through a fitting process to get the fit I want. What about someone like Liev Schreiber? Assuming he is just the person wearing the clothes for the movie, and not the one specifically wanting to use TS because of the ability to get a custom fit, do you still have the same fit process? Or do you just copy one of his existing shirts/jeans/pants?

Maybe more specifically, I’m someone that values and enjoys tweaking the details, I can imagine a situation in which you have a customer that doesn’t (for example, a hypothetical guy being told he needs to wear your clothes for a role in a movie. Do you do anything different for these situations?

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When I buy from you, I go through a fitting process to get the fit I want. What about someone like Liev Schreiber? Assuming he is just the person wearing the clothes for the movie, and not the one specifically wanting to use TS because of the ability to get a custom fit, do you still have the same fit process? Or do you just copy one of his existing shirts/jeans/pants?

Maybe more specifically, I’m someone that values and enjoys tweaking the details, I can imagine a situation in which you have a customer that doesn’t (for example, a hypothetical guy being told he needs to wear your clothes for a role in a movie. Do you do anything different for these situations?
I didn't meet Liev. The stylist came to the factory and got familiar with the size options and fabrics. We provided her with multiple sizes in his probable range for a fitting. She then had a scheduled fitting with him in Brooklyn. So she knew what we could do, and she made notes during the fitting, and placed the order. Once filming started, they reordered for rush delivery a few extra things.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I mentioned earlier this month we were telling customer stories this month, mainly so our guys get to know each other better - and hopefully feel more connected to what we're doing.

This 'getting to know you' month just wrapped up. We compiled 15 customer stories in one article, you can see them here:

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2020_0131_styleforum.jpg

Our denim month starts today. We'll have new denim releases this month and some older favorites will return. A couple of things: 1) 30 day production is back for this month to help distribute production, coupon code: 30day saves you $30. 2) We're taking the scrap selvedge from cutting jeans and making wallets, jeans sold during denim month come with a free selvedge wallet.

Let me know if you have any questions on denim or fit.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2020_0204_sf1.jpg

2020_0204_sf2.jpg

2020_0204_sf3.jpg

2020_0204_sf4.jpg

2020_0204_sf5.jpg

Tomorrow is our first new release this year. Grey selvedge, grey warp, black weft - which gives the jean a darker tone. We wash it to give it a broken-in feel. It's now at 30 day production pricing.

gs77

Reaction score
@Todd Shelton , If I'd like to reproduce my favorite pair of jeans (can't find to buy them anymore) by tweaking your options, how would that work?
Say waist, front and back rise, heap, thigh, knee, leg opening measurements... can it be done?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 146 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%