• We would like welcome Sprezzaboxto the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is my first post of 2020 here, glad to be back, hope everyone had a good holiday break.

If you look back at the last few posts, you'll see we were discussing outfits and how to show outfits to guys in a relatable way - and a few you helped with thoughts/feedback.

We just released our first version, called Hero Outfits. You can see it here: https://toddshelton.com/hero-outfits

We started with 10 outfits. 5 for the workplace and 5 for social. I'll break this into 2 posts, workplace and social. The first 5 are workplace outfits.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the outfits, layout, what you'd like to see us do next, etc.

2020_0112_elcap_blazer_600.jpg

This is very traditional - grey trousers, navy sports coat - not creative at all, but for certain occasions, it may be the best option. We called this outfit "Awards dinner".

2020_0112_navy_blazer_600.jpg

For this outfit, we were thinking about if a guy had to go to a business convention with a "business casual" dress code. Basically jeans, light blue shirt, and a sports coat. I think this embodies the spirit of a hero outfit.

2020_0112_whiteT_blazer_600_2.jpg

This outfit was inspired by the guy who naturally dresses very casual and he has a navy blazer in his office (on-standby) for spur of the moment meetings when he needs to elevate a little.

2020_0112_all_black_600.jpg

I love all black on some guys. It doesn't work for me personally, but we have a handful of customers that wear all black a lot and I encourage them to go all black almost exclusively - because it works for them. We called this outfit "City commute". I don't think the jacket hit what I had in mind, I'll use a different jacket in the next round.

2020_0112_hard_hat_600_2.jpg

A lot of our guys wear khakis and chambray shirts. I was in a starbucks in the city recently and 2 guys were at a table dressed like this with hard hats, they looked good. It was the lunch hour and when I left I noticed more guys that were construction managers or architects going to job sites.

Hope to hear what you guys think about this.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Putting the different pictures next to each other, particularly the three sport coat looks, really helps me visualize how to slide the formality scale up and down with my own outfits. I spend the most time in something like the first look, but the next two might be better suited to some of my days.

I’m in three TS pieces today, Pro Darks and black crew neck sweatshirt (and t-shirt).
919B6DC3-F1DF-4E60-9098-F53BBA9F1ED1.jpeg

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2020_0118_pro_original_5.jpg

We have denim month happening in February. This morning I finished the first draft of a Pro Original logo which will release during denim month. Pro Original is the alpha in our collection and I want the logo to reflect that. Want to see if any of you have feedback on the 2 versions.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer the proportions of the top one. I don’t know whether I prefer it with or without the color elements.

Ice Bear

Reaction score
I would move the guaranteed to fit to the top and move the USA/Japan to the right of the Selvedge denim on the bottom.

1. I think the guaranteed to fit is your differentiator
2. The USA/Japan refers to the demin.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I put together a couple of drafts based on your feedback. Whether what I put together for the flag element is right or not, I think it gets busy. Moving guaranteed to fit up might be right, it does change how the content reads.
2020_0119_pro_original1.jpg

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This art will be used for a paper tag that goes on the jeans. It'll also be a header on our denim month newsletters. We're not a repro brand, but I do love old jean art - and I'd like to give a nod to that era. They used words like guaranteed (I guess because branding was fairly new at that point and trust was big) and sanforized (apparently jeans shrinking was a big issue).

I've got a book that documents the history of denim branding, the art is incredibly creative - much more creative than today imo - and it's from the 40's and 50's.

2020_0119_tag1.jpg

2020_0119_tag2.jpg

2020_0119_tag3.jpg

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
An influencer put together an outfit with our Flannel Rust trousers this weekend. I think he did a great job with fit and color and layers. He puts outfits together on his IG, his handle is mohammedalnazal if you want to follow/support.

2020_0120_mo1.jpg

2020_0120_mo2.jpg

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These five outfits are social themes from our hero outfits page. The names of the themes are below the photos. This is our first round creating outfits - the hope is that they give our guys inspiration to create looks.

If we think our guys enjoyed this, I think we'd do it every quarter. If you have opinions on these outfits, or ideas for different themes you'd like to see, let me know. If you think there's a different way hero outfits could be taken, let me know.

2020_0112_parka_600.jpg

Weekend excursion

2020_0112_dinnerparty_600.jpg

Dinner party

2020_0112_black_blazer_600.jpg

Art gallery

2020_0112_barn_jacket_600.jpg

Family dinner

2020_0112_firstdate_600.jpg

Coffee date

You can see the hero outfits page here: https://toddshelton.com/hero-outfits

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick note for the team at Todd Shelton, and for anyone on the fence about ordering: I ordered a couple pair of jeans during the sale, neither of which fit. We then tried a trial jean, which needs to be adjusted. My jeans are now in production, and certainly Todd Shelton has lost money on me thus far. With that being said, I will be ordering another pair in my finalized fit in February, and probably a summer pair as well.

This has been both a great customer service experience for me, but also they'll be delivering jeans that fit me very well. Thanks to the team and I'm looking forward to my next pair.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 77 17.1%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 149 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 133 29.6%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.4%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%