• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Joined Styleforum to be able to follow updates to this thread more easily. Was fun to read through all the different posts and discussions. Hoping for a return of the waffle Henley! Only bought two jeans from you so far, but like both of them a lot and am planning on buying more items in the future. Like the idea of the heavier weight fabric similar in weight, and the safari color is very nice. Any chance there might be a gray color eventually?
Thanks a lot for following the thread. Waffles did well this past year and guys liked them. But waffle fabric can be unpredictable and not as stable as I'd like. We try to be consistent with fit, and waffle has a lot of flexibility in it which isn't great for consistent fits. We'll bring back waffle, but I need to learn more about the fabric - and develop a more stable version. Yes, I think a charcoal Aussie Duster will release, but it won't be this year, sometime in 2020. Glad you're happy with the jeans, thanks for that note.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered a pair in safari with my previously "nailed" jean fit today- excited to get them. I recieved the swatches and the safari is just awesome.

What is the shrinkage risk on this fabric?

British khaki would be another color to add.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ordered a pair in safari with my previously "nailed" jean fit today- excited to get them. I recieved the swatches and the safari is just awesome.

What is the shrinkage risk on this fabric?

British khaki would be another color to add.
I have two pair of Aussie Dusters (wearing Navy today) and shrinkage isn't noticeable. The fabric comes out of the washer much easier to manage, lies flat easy for air drying (compared to the previous khaki fabric).You can smooth-out with your hand while wet and it'll dry acceptable to wear, but should be easy to iron as well. This pant will take a few wears/launderings to break in, keep that in mind. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the fabric once you've formed an opinion. How our guys react to the fabric will determine how deep we go with colors (...British Khaki). Thanks for the order. :fistbump:

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2019_1031_styleforum3.jpg

2019_1031_styleforum2.jpg

2019_1031_styleforum1.jpg

Hey guys. Our cotton cashmere shirts are back for the season. They're mid-weight and brushed/flanneled. We're doing three colors this season, all Heather solids. From now until Monday, they have an IPR offer. If you're interested, it's a good time to get one (during the IPR), but they'll be around through January unless we sell out of the fabric. Let me know if you want swatches or if you have fit questions. Thanks, Todd.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you're interested in sustainability, this is one of the better articles I've read about the working conditions in some countries.

- I watched countless executives, creative directors, and designers visit clothing manufacturers throughout Asia in a highly orchestrated, controlled, and sterile environment. These leaders would stay at the fanciest hotels and eat at the most expensive restaurants, following curated itineraries put together by agents and factory representatives. Their schedules were planned so they would never see how the people that worked in the factories lived.

Last edited:

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting study that could shed some light on our clothing decisions.

- Fast Company article headline is: Think you're creative? No, those are mental errors.

- A study published in Nature Neuroscience this month found that our brains are not so savvy at evaluating our options—if they were, our minds would stick to the well-known, safe options.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting study that could shed some light on our clothing decisions.

- Fast Company article headline is: Think you're creative? No, those are mental errors.

- A study published in Nature Neuroscience this month found that our brains are not so savvy at evaluating our options—if they were, our minds would stick to the well-known, safe options.

I’m interested to see what the response is by other neuros, but this feels right to me.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Todd made me a hoodie and it is amazing. Been waiting for this for years. Just thought the world should know.
Nice. In a couple of months, let's discuss how it performed. Especially interested in hoodie length, what's the ideal hoodie length, i.e., where does it stop in relation to the zipper on pants. I'd like to write an article on that topic. And the deep front pockets, so phone and other things stay anchored, we're they perfect or too deep. If necessary, we'll make design tweaks in January/February.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m interested to see what the response is by other neuros, but this feels right to me.
If true - which it too feels right to me - it's a reality check. I'm guilty of trying to be more creative than I need to be in some areas of my life - when I could save myself some trouble and be more effective just executing the standard way better.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If true - which it too feels right to me - it's a reality check. I'm guilty of trying to be more creative than I need to be in some areas of my life - when I could save myself some trouble and be more effective just executing the standard way better.
As many of my favorite bands get older and more experienced, I’ve noticed that in interviews they talk more about execution than creativity. Once I heard a second or third musician make these types of statements, it really stuck. I have begun to feel the same way about the work I do.

I like how it ties into your brand direction as well.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2019_1106_styleforum.jpg

2019_1106_styleforum2.jpg

Today we released 4 flannel wool trousers: Caramel (above), Navy, Dark Grey, and Medium Grey. Fabric is from American Woolen Mill in Connecticut. Pant is made in our East Rutherford, NJ factory. If you have any questions about fit, let me know.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yours are cut. We sent out pocketing to Pennsylvania to be dyed safari, the same color as the pant. It'll be a clean look inside the pant. The first group of Aussie Duster Safari that were shipped out did not have the tonal pocketing. Were waiting on that to come in Friday, then yours should ship Monday. I think it'll be worth the wait.
No joke. These are great.

I was trying them on and my six year old asked if he could touch them. He said, “those pants are hard!” Funny, but I get it. While immediately comfortable, this fabric is legit. I can’t wait to start breaking them in.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No joke. These are great.

I was trying them on and my six year old asked if he could touch them. He said, “those pants are hard!” Funny, but I get it. While immediately comfortable, this fabric is legit. I can’t wait to start breaking them in.
I think there's a long-term return with these pants. Kinda like a raw jean...take your lumps early for a pay off later. It'll take quite a bit of wear and about 3 washes before they start to loosen. But they wash well - out of the washer, flatten easily on a table, air dry, no ironing unless you want to turn inside out and flatten the inseams and outseams.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 82 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 152 32.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%