• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The slub cotton t-shirts are easily the best t-shirts I have ever owned. I have 3 now and wear them constantly on the weekends and lounging at night. I'm tall with an abnormally long torso, so the ability to add 2-inches is what puts them over the top.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The slub cotton t-shirts are easily the best t-shirts I have ever owned. I have 3 now and wear them constantly on the weekends and lounging at night. I'm tall with an abnormally long torso, so the ability to add 2-inches is what puts them over the top.
Good to hear the '2 Longer' option is the deal-maker. Keep in mind '3 Longer' does exist as a back-end option.

Not certain the future for slub cotton in the new collection. We have a new jersey coming in next month.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking for some insight here. I want to reduce some options online to simplify customer-ordering and manufacturing.

We do both Zip Fly and Button Fly on jeans. Zip Fly sells better. But Button Fly feels more like a "authentic" denim jean.

I want to lead with either Zip Fly or Button Fly and handle requests for the other on the back-end.

I'm leaning towards Button Fly being the default option because it feels more like a denim product. But I'd be defying sales data to go with gut instinct.

Any insight or thoughts on how Fly closure affects the product?

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to hear the '2 Longer' option is the deal-maker. Keep in mind '3 Longer' does exist as a back-end option.

Not certain the future for slub cotton in the new collection. We have a new jersey coming in next month.
Good to know. The 2' is perfect for me, thankfully. Looking forward to the jersey coming next month.

Ice Bear

Reaction score
I think your underlying brand promise is to make it easy for people get exactly what they need.

People are either team zip or button fly. So if most people want zips, then make it easy for them. Making button the first option is just adding a step and not likely to change people's mind.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think your underlying brand promise is to make it easy for people get exactly what they need.

People are either team zip or button fly. So if most people want zips, then make it easy for them. Making button the first option is just adding a step and not likely to change people's mind.
Well said, point taken. Thanks.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like going with my gut on lots of things, but not in direct contradiction to known relevant reliable data.
We sold Zip Fly for a decade and just introduced Button Fly in February. Most of our guys choose Zip Fly because that's all we had. The 5 months since introducing Button Fly, Zip Fly has strongly outsold Button Fly. But the sales data is skewed toward what our customers have bought previously. The gut instinct part comes into whether Button Fly makes it a stronger denim product long-run.

The easy answer is to continue Fly Closure as an option on the product page. But I'd like to reduce options when they're not critical.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We sold Zip Fly for a decade and just introduced Button Fly in February. Most of our guys choose Zip Fly because that's all we had. The 5 months since introducing Button Fly, Zip Fly has strongly outsold Button Fly. But the sales data is skewed toward what our customers have bought previously. The gut instinct part comes into whether Button Fly makes it a stronger denim product long-run.

The easy answer is to continue Fly Closure as an option on the product page. But I'd like to reduce options when they're not critical.
If my first pair from you had been button fly, that's what they would all be. Because the first pair was a zipper, they all are zippers. As I said a few months ago, had button fly been an option for the first pair, that's likely the direction I would have gone.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We discussed off-white and vanilla colored shirts here a few months back. Today we're releasing Chambray Off-White. You can see it here: https://toddshelton.com/shirts/chambray-shirt-off-white

I like off-white because it tones down the contrast of an outfit compared to bright white. Also, off-white seems more natural with jeans and chinos. Other than for a shirt to be worn with a suit, would you opt for off-white or bright white with your shirts?

2019_0710_newsletter3.jpg

2019_0710_newsletter4.jpg

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.