• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know the US government gets involved, maybe through the FDA. They shut down the use of formaldehyde in some washing processes here. I doubt consumers are getting similar protections in the countries where most clothing is made. I don't know of other agencies, a lot of this stuff is new, curious people are just starting to look into it.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A customer called in this week and said he didn't 'get the memo' that short sleeve button-up shirts are 'cool' to wear now. I guess for a time (years ago) they weren't considered cool or acceptable.

How do you view a short sleeve button-up shirt today?

2019_0607_styleforum.jpg

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stigma came from the short sleeve shirt and tie look of the enginerds of the 90s.

1559915832381.jpeg

1559916015232.jpeg

1559916051548.jpeg

1559916128445.jpeg

I have quite a few linen, cotton-linen, seersucker, and madras short sleeve button downs and popovers. They work well in warm weather with shorts or lightweight pants with the hems rolled.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The stigma came from the short sleeve shirt and tie look of the enginerds of the 90s.

View attachment 1188544

View attachment 1188545

View attachment 1188546

View attachment 1188550

I have quite a few linen, cotton-linen, seersucker, and madras short sleeve button downs and popovers. They work well in warm weather with shorts or lightweight pants with the hems rolled.
Fascinating. First time I'm hearing the word 'enginerds'. Looks like an easy way for hollywood to frame a character - and I guess it influenced that style of shirt. The photos told the enginerd story well, thanks.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We did shorts this season to see if our pant customers would want shorts from us. We chose canvas and a non-baggy, longer look. They did well enough for us to bring them back in 2020. I'll be looking to re-evaluate fabrics and how the silhouette for next year. If you have any specific thoughts on shorts fits and fabrics, I'd like to hear them.

2019_0523_shorts.jpg

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Watched Falling Down last night. Some strong enginerd looks throughout the movie. I don't remember it, but if that movie represented America in the early 1990's, lots of professional people were wearing short sleeve button-ups. At some point, not long after, that shifted.

I always thought Michael Douglas was a normal guy pushed to the edge. But he wasn't normal to begin with, he was way off. Robert Duvall was good as always.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our Mid-Year Clearance started today. We do Clearance twice a year, June and December. Clearance is made up of customer exchanges.

Items are 50% Off, give or take. If you know your size with us, use the sort function at top of page to quickly see what's available. If you have any size questions, feel free to ask.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Tomorrow (Saturday 6/22) we're hosting a sample sale from 9am to 1pm at our factory in East Rutherford. If you're in the NYC area, please come see us.

You can shop our mid-year clearance inventory. You can get fitted. And if you can't find anything in your size (in clearance inventory) we'll have a table set up with lots of sample fabrics - and you can order a made-to-order clearance item.

We'll have some refreshments. It should be fun.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made to order clearance items sound pretty rad.

Spent most of the week in my new Raw jeans. Fantastic as always.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.