• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Patrick, love the MCA shout out in the post. I had actually typed out a sentence at the end of my post where i reference the stan smiths mentioning that i had gone to see Ad-rock and Mike D talk about their Beastie Boys book in Brooklyn a few weeks ago and Ad-rock came out in khakis and stan smiths and it just reaffirmed my sentiments. but i deleted it.

As a side note, it was a really moving event. Both positive and negative; the sense of grief over Yauch was palpable from both, and it felt a bit like a memorial service, which i don't mean as a negative. You and I are of similar vintage (HS class of '94) and i grew up in an urban environment where hip hop was king. i remember about 1999 telling someone that the Beastie Boys were one of the top 5 most influential musical groups of the 20th century and i got absolutely laughed at. I stand by that statement.

Came real close to buying a pair of these recently, but felt it was a little too "try-hard" as one of my boys likes to say

View attachment 1177222

Working at home today, reached for my pro soft darks, but convinced my self that needed to give some other jeans a turn as my rotation has been a little dominate by the PSDs of late.
I don't know sneaker culture, but those look like they have solid ankle support.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
l think that you're brain is telling you that it's BS and that's why you can't fully accept the notion , if that's what they tell themselves to get through the day then power to them because the reality is any job that requires you to use abstract thought and you're hands could be considered artistic and not about the act of doing the job , if you get an electrician in to power up a new machine and you point to where the fuse box is and where you been the power connection do you at the completion of the task go wow that guys an artist " NO" , clothes are a product we must have its just that some people have a want for more stylised clothes .
It’s taken me a month to get my head around that quote. I now understand it. Basically ‘fashion guys’ have very different brains than ‘clothing guys’. I now agree with the quote, fashion guys care little about the actual clothes - they care much more about other things. It was a good learn, now when I look at 'fashion' and the personalities and the comments around it – I can put it in better perspective.

I've had 3 different electricians run power here at the factory over the past 7 years. The last did artist level work.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting on the bright white thing with common projects. I think they're a sneaker replacement for a dress shoe. I think for our customer it's a good option for the office - with dark jeans or dress trousers, like you've shown. I think for an office, it's tough to match the sophistication of that specific common projects shoe. Agree?
The Todd Shelton office casual uniform:
  • Todd Shelton black hoodie
  • Todd Shelton black t-shirt
  • Todd Shelton Pro Original Dark jeans
  • Common Project Achilles sneakers
8414FF12-B8E9-4D25-BABD-8FD5243838C4.jpeg

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you do casual fridays?

Curious if people react or interact with you any differently in today's outfit compared to yesterdays?
I don't do casual Fridays, I wear whatever I want whenever I want. Mostly that's more formal clothing because that's what I feel most comfortable in, especially when meeting clients or not knowing what my day will be (I'm sometimes called into meetings with clients that would be shocked to see me dressed this casually). But on days like today when the weather sucks and all of my meetings are over the phone, it's no problem to come in fully casual like this.

I don't think that anyone on my team interacts with me any differently, but yesterday I had three comments from other business owners on my floor that I looked sharp. One from a cinematographer, one from a management consultant, one a doctor. I would be surprised to get any today. I think that is representative of me standing out a bit more yesterday and blending in a bit more today.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lied. One of my associates just walked in and said, "you look comfortable today!"

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Must be a thing. It is warm in NJ left the hoody at home. I am also wearing a black TS t-shirt (test shirt) and my oldest pair of Pro Originals. Superhero look.

View attachment 1177815
Having a jean that looks like that is a huge plus for a wardrobe. IMO no other garment can give you that feel. But it's not easy to get a jean to that point. I did it once and will try again.

APC has the butler program that lets people who get a jean to that point return them for a credit on a new pair, then they repair them and resell them. But I don't think its cool to buy a jean that someone else broke in.

I don't know if we've had to do any repairs to that jean for you, but if it gets past the point of repair, I'd like to have it if you don't want it - just for archiving sake. The chapstick fade is charming.

It's a good look all around. A white t-shirt would change the whole feel.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.